LegacyGT.com

Issue with rear Brembo fitment. Any help appreciated!

Ok I'm stumped... I'm working with Ken at KNS brakes to trying and solve the issue but figured I'd see if anyone is thinking h of something we're not.

Long story short, the bolts that hold the caliper to the adapter bracket in the rear sticks out .5 to 1mm to far and makes contact with the rotor, as you can see in this picture.

e36cc9537e55498a9c5a18f9243ea7c4.jpg

I've talked to Ken and measured the bolt, it's the correct length, the bracket is on correctly and I used a washer as instructed.

1b64effcd762daa10c2d7a9f47dcb020.jpg

1ac492938018862f4bad359d6856c3da.jpg

28634f2bf4ff12bef013c059b4af90fa.jpg

That being said, I'm shipping the brackets and hardware back to Ken so he can see if it happens on his setup as well. He tried a handful of brackets/hardware he had in stock and there was no issue. So my question is am I missing something? Could there be anything with the backing plate and/or hub that is causing an issue? The only thing I can think is maybe the bracket is to thin in the one spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there space for a washer on the head side of the bolt? Or get a slighlty shorter bolt. As long as the caliper is centred where it should be it shouldn't be an issue worth stressing over.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

Get a thicker washer....or grind off that end of the bolt to make it a little shorter.

Or leave it there and the rotor will grind it off or adjust to have clearance... :)

But I think you want to grind off that end of the bolt.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'd go with a thicker washer.

Grinding off the end of the bolt could make it harder to get started next time you are assembling everything.

Especially if its mot something you do on a regular basis.

I'd go with a thicker washer.

Grinding off the end of the bolt could make it harder to get started next time you are assembling everything.

Especially if its mot something you do on a regular basis.

Yeah I would definitely go with the washer route.

The brackets and hardware are actually going back to Ken at KNS right now so he can see if there is the same issue on his test setup with these brackets/hardware. Which is why I am asking if there is anything with the car that could possibly be causing the issue, considering that it's the only time he's had anyone experience this issue.

The bolts and washers are commonly produced parts, quality control is out the door.

This kit may have been the one that got the "compound of tolerances" messed up.

You got longer bolts and thinner washers in one kit.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The bolts and washers are commonly produced parts, quality control is out the door.

This kit may have been the one that got the "compound of tolerances" messed up.

You got longer bolts and thinner washers in one kit.

That was my first thought, but the bolts measured out to exactly 35mm as Ken said they are supposed to. So it could be that the washers are not the correct thickness. Otherwise I'm stumped, if the rotor was somehow seated (which I can't imagine is even possible) too far back then I would assume it wouldn't line up with the caliper and if the bracket happened to be to thin then the caliper would be to recessed and again not align with the rotor.

I appreciate all the suggestions to add a washer or grind the bolt, I know either of those would be a solution. My point in making the post was to see if there was anything else that could be causing the issue given that no one else has had this issue with the same parts and my hardware and brackets measured out to exactly what they're supposed to.

Archived