LegacyGT.com

Hey it's Spidermanmtl... I'm back.

Some may remember me some may not... here's the link to my build thread.http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/spideys-2012gt-build-thread-201999.html.. i think my last activity on here was in oct'15, baring a couple of messages i responded to..

I got into a pretty bad accident with the LGT.. drunk driver.. blah blah blah ... totaled car... (my 70 year old dad was with me in the car... I wasn't doing anything stupid.) I was pretty depressed... more than I actually thought I was. I knew from the get-go that a car is a car, it's a piece of Metal.. I don't place my cars above the more important things in life like my family, health and friends. No big deal I'll move on, I took the big cheque from my insurance, I took the "upgrade" to a 2016 WRX sportech under the advisement of my salesman and I was trying to convince myself I did the right thing, everyone was telling me I was.

I shut everything LGT out, attempted to love my new car... something was off... for every little short coming of the wrx I compared it to the LGT, I went to car shows and felt like a sheep in a herd .. parked next to piles of the same car as mine.. one more boring to me than the next.

At about 10 months in I found myself looking for LGTs .. i still had a couple years left on my lease so I wasn't actually gonna buy one.. let alone find some.

Finally at about 15 months I'm losing my cool, hating the WRX(it's a freaking great sports car, it is, just not for me).. screw it let me start looking at the possibility of buying a third car(1.wrx 2.05lgt(wifes)3.12lgt)....... ok ok I can do this.. cut here put a little extra there.....

Boom... June 2017 A 2012 LGT black.. shows up, a return of lease... price is a little high.. kms are good 75000kms! cars clean, little to no exterior problems (5yr/old car) hmmm i'll make an offer and see what happens.....

Ta-Dah!!! I'm back.

Obviously a couple of things have changed.. i've been trying to catch up on the forums but it hasn't been easy.. a lot of filler not a lot of killer... a whole bunch of the stickies are full of.... Does this fit on my car... and the question has been asked and answer 15 times before... but i'll get there.

I do have some quick questions...

1. Will a catback exhaust from a 2016 wrx fit? I'm thimking no, but maybe someone has tried.

2. Will the Perrin trans mount fit?..

3. Perrin pitch mount?

4. Can you take a Cobb ap3-sub-004 and use it as a -003

5. Will the racer X charge pipe work with the GS intercooler? Is the GS what people are using now?

6. In general what parts from a 15+ WRX fit ......yah i modifed the wrx :lol:

Also if your stopping in to say hi... drop a link to your build thread I wanna see where the 5th gen community is at after 2 years absence.

Just asking if someone knows offhand.. if not I'll email the companies customer service.. but from memory this forum is more knowledgeable than most customer support.:rolleyes::spin:

*** also I'll put a the last pic of my legacy:eek::eek:***

20151014_105755-r.thumb.jpg.8b78b4149a2b4afba0d8ec6cbcaeb20d.jpg

This was excellent to read. Really glad to see you make a return to this place, and really glad you survived your accident. I both purchased my car and joined the forum after your last activity here, but I must've read more than a few of your posts in old threads, as I'm familiar with you username.

Not to take away from your thread, but wanted to introduce myself and my car. I don't have a build thread yet (soon when I'm not lazy), but this is my a 2012 3.6R with an XRT tune, Nameless 5" ABE, AEM filter, 19x8.5 Five-AD wheels on PilotSports 245/40/19, KNS 4k rotors, HPS 5.0 Pads, Goodridge SS Lines, 26 & 20 mm upgraded OEM sway bars, '13+ headlights, mesh grille, gloss black roof, and a myriad of other cosmetic changes, along with a pile of parts sitting in my back room containing Koni Yellows for front and rear, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, KYB strut housings (all still needing assembling), Prothane rear diff bushing inserts, and a DAMD rear diffuser, probably forgetting a few things.

hDYh5h4.thumb.jpg.d5d5dc7e7da9e17392a14e846ae4761d.jpg

5. Will the racer X charge pipe work with the GS intercooler? Is the GS what people are using now? Yes. I believe that unit is no longer being produced, but it does fit with the Grimmspeed TMIC. That is my setup.

I see it is out of stock. hopefully being produced still. Not sure if there is any horsepower benefit though. It is nice to have the BOV/BPV up top though.

If I were in your shoes, i'd try to find someone to do a FMIC. Saves going there later and looks cool.

1779636541_racer-xchargepipe.PNG.001b657c14fa1cbfb4f83bf2b6949826.PNG

I do have some quick questions...

1. Will a catback exhaust from a 2016 wrx fit? I'm thimking no, but maybe someone has tried.

2. Will the Perrin trans mount fit?..

3. Perrin pitch mount?

5. Will the racer X charge pipe work with the GS intercooler? Is the GS what people are using now?

6. In general what parts from a 15+ WRX fit ......yah i modifed the wrx :lol

1. Not without a little cut-and-paste, I'd assume, same as with older models.

2. Can't say I've seen anyone do it, but based on the wide range of WRX model years it fits, my guess would be yes.

3. Nope, the 5th-gen is the special snowflake, our engine mount setup is unique.

4. I'm going to go with no, although you shouldn't have much problem finding a buyer, I'd imagine.

5. As Mrstacy said, sure does, I'm running that combo as well.

6. In general, shifter parts (bushing, stop, short-shift adapter) will fit, as will the shifter itself. TMIC fits (although you probably guessed as much, based on #5), rear sway bar fits, and I'm sure there's more I don't know about. I believe the 15+ WRX steering wheel will bolt on to a '12 LGT, in case you upgraded that on your WRX, or if you miss the WRX wheel.

Sad to see your old car like that, but good to see that you're back in another LGT!

Welcome back Spiderman! Sorry to hear about the car but hoping it kept you and your Dad safe. I trust you guys were fine following the post accident soreness. Glad to have you back with us!!!!

The 2015+ WRX exhaust will be too much of a PITA for you. Besides extending the front flange 8 inches or more to meet the intermediate pipe, Subaru changed the angle of the dual exhaust flanges going to the cans, so you could only use 2015+ axlebacks, the LGT ones will sit angled. You're best off getting an LGT specific axleback.

As others mentioned, all the Perrin/Kartboy/Boomba shifter goodies for the 2015+ WRX 6MT will fit our cars (not sure about tranny mount) and they make a huge difference. Lots of linked threads in this sticky. Also the clutch damper delete.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/5th-gen-lgt-performance-mods-202211p3.html

Finally at about 15 months I'm losing my cool, hating the WRX(it's a freaking great sports car, it is, just not for me).

Lol. yes with all these upgrades i'm doing i was thinking why not just get a WRX. But, the Legacy GT does hit a sweet spot of performance, luxury and uniqueness.

a whole bunch of the stickies are full of.... Does this fit on my car... and the question has been asked and answer 15 times before... but i'll get there.
sadly, that keeps getting worse, rather than better...

You might consider calling Cobb and seeing if they can help... I have always wondered if the difference between the versions was a firmware thing, or if the hardware itself was different... can't imagine why the hardware would differ, particularly within the same manufacturer...

6. In general what parts from a 15+ WRX fit
As already indicated - all the shifter stuff fits fine, you can swap over a 15+ WRX or STi steering wheel (I have an STi one in mine) - most other stuff seems to require some modification to make it work.

Welcome back. You we're here before I got here. I've been on the forums for almost 2 years and same time with my car. My build thread is in my sig. Most of it is none appearance things. More of that to come the rest of the year. I didn't hear of the accident but good to hear you're okay. Subaru does their safety right. Welcome back to the fam! Check out the 5th gen picture thread. Someone converted an Outback to a Legacy Wagon. Something neat you missed.

Also BBPeik with his 6MT STI swap that I'm still waiting to see moving :p I don't even have a LGT but some of the stuff you guys do is pretty cool. Maybe one day I'll have the best of both worlds. H6 that howls with lightening shifts and an LGT with an ungodly amount of torque...or maybe turbo the H6. Decisions decisions...

Anywho.

Welcome back. You we're here before I got here. I've been on the forums for almost 2 years and same time with my car. My build thread is in my sig. Most of it is none appearance things. More of that to come the rest of the year. I didn't hear of the accident but good to hear you're okay. Subaru does their safety right. Welcome back to the fam! Check out the 5th gen picture thread. Someone converted an Outback to a Legacy Wagon. Something neat you missed.

Also BBPeik with his 6MT STI swap that I'm still waiting to see moving [emoji14] I don't even have a LGT but some of the stuff you guys do is pretty cool. Maybe one day I'll have the best of both worlds. H6 that howls with lightening shifts and an LGT with an ungodly amount of torque...or maybe turbo the H6. Decisions decisions...

Anywho.

Turbo h6 with sti 6mt swap!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thanks guys...

Where am i going with this one? When I had my first one it was easy... piece may fit 10-12 lgt.. buy it, try it. And you get a build list like mine...

Ive always been an overall kinda guy power/handling/aesthetics... but one thing that stopped me last time was my guarantee .. now i dont have one. I've been listing and relisting the stuff I want, but always come back to around the same as my previous build, but morrrr powaaah! Not as much as some of the other guys on the forum but im looking for 325+hp at the wheels. I was at 300ish last time so it shouldn't be that tough, adding a DP/IC/charge pipe, right away so we'll see what I need to make up after.

So first things first was to send off my Cobb AP3-sub-004 to cobb and have it reprogrammed to a 003.

Im currently hunting some coilovers. Anyone have any experience with API RACING TYPE-RS COILOVERS?

After coils it'll be on to an exhaust.. Im thinking invidia because my dp is from them as well.

Just an quick update, I'll probably start a new build thread, but i have to figure out a name for this one... Legacy Zombie?? Lol

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Archived