LegacyGT.com

annoying coil pack problem...

hey

am i the only one with this problem?

i own a 2010 lgt, not a single mod on it.

in the last 21 months, the car had to be towed 3 times to the dealer, for the exact same problem all three times:

as i am driving, one coil pack stop working and the motor runs on 3 cylinder. the dealer changed the coil pack and i was back on track!

my problem is that its the third time it happened. i had the coil pack changed for cylinders 3,4 and 1 yesterday...

i was wondering if it is normal that those parts broke, or if it would be a good thing for me to write to subaru canada (i live in quebec).

has it happened to anyone else???

I had it happen to one of the rear cylinders at about 80,000 miles. At the time I checked all four and both of the rears looked bad with the plates rusting and separating so I ended up replacing them both. No further issues, I'm at 110k right now.

• Moderators
Am i wrong assuming it is not "normal maintenance" to change all coils? Changing all 4 is near 1000$.... the car is 130 000k now.

It's not out the ordinary for ignition coils to be replaced.

But no reason to spend $1000 on them from what I see. Rockauto has new (non-OEM) ones for about $40 a piece.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

It's not out the ordinary for ignition coils to be replaced.

But no reason to spend $1000 on them from what I see. Rockauto has new (non-OEM) ones for about $40 a piece.

Thanks. Well, big story, but the dealer had me under the impression that those coil were covered by extended waranty, so all three coils were changed by the dealer. Problem is i have a 250$ franchise... i just realized that coils are not covered and that the dealer never even claimed once from subaru canada.... this is what happens when you know knothing about cars....

Archived