LegacyGT.com

Perrin Engine Mounts?

I know, I know, use the search function. I've looked at all the Perrin vs Group N threads I can find, but no one seems to actually own the Perrin mounts. I've seen a lot of people saying "Oh, they're too solid, they'll have too much NVH" but I haven't yet found an actual review from anyone who's put them on their Legacy. Anyone out there have the Perrin engine/transmission mounts and want to say what they're like?

I know that's the basic sentiment toward GN and Perrin, but has anyone actually used the Perrin mounts? I've yet to hear anyone on this forum say "Yeah, I had them, they suck". NASIOC has some people who've had Perrin mounts on WRXes, and they all seem to like them. I'm just wondering what the difference is between the forums

...I'm just wondering what the difference is between the forums
A lot of people on NASIOC don't care much about increased NVH (it's probably a badge of honor). The Group-N bushings meet the need most people here have for daily driving, so why suffer?

If you care enough to ask you will be more then happy with the group n's. They do the job. If you don't care about NVH put the perrins on if you have a 400+hp track car.

If you have an option to buy the perrins at a great price over the group n's and thats why you are asking but its a daily driver. If you dont care about nvh and will never have a lady in the car then just do it. You can always swap out for group ns later.

all this talk about NVH but how much more is it over stock mounts?

A lot. Pretty sure it was my Group-N mounts that made my car sound like a race car. It was much quieter without them. They are awesome though and make driving in stop and go traffic much easier (no more driveline thrash)

Group N on both of my wagons. Great mod. Really makes the car feel more responsive. The stock mounts have so much slop! That said, I probably wouldn't oppose the Perrins on a car with occasional track use. The group Ns have been known to fail on track.

Group N on both of my wagons. Great mod. Really makes the car feel more responsive. The stock mounts have so much slop! That said, I probably wouldn't oppose the Perrins on a car with occasional track use. The group Ns have been known to fail on track.

M Sprank mentioned he sees them fail frequently with Autocross starts.

I could see issues with Autocross or 4K clutch dumps for sure on the Group N's. Not sure a road course car sees similar stresses. I ran OEM for 9 track seasons, (road) with no issues. I figured I would wait until the motor eventually popped and do it then. Swapped to Group N's with the new forged motor, they feel fine. Could move to Perrins at some point, (I'm sure they are great), but meh, not really worried about it.

A lot. Pretty sure it was my Group-N mounts that made my car sound like a race car. It was much quieter without them. They are awesome though and make driving in stop and go traffic much easier (no more driveline thrash)

Ugh.. I forgot the thread but for the Group N mounts Us LGT owners we had to was it just move over the top metal bracket or what was it?

My car is a DD, but it sees autocross and track days. My tuner quoted me out for Perrin to replace my shot stock mounts, and he says that the difference in NVH (vs. Group N) is only really noticeable at idle. I'm not concerned about NVH for myself, but for passengers who "don't get it" and are probably used to Honda Accords. What do y'all think?

Archived