LegacyGT.com

Both headlight lowbeams just went out last night...?

2008 legacy 2.5i.. When i bought it the lowbeams were both out.. didnt think anything of it. Was a lil over a year ago. Replaced them same day and havent had any issue. Last night i turned the switch to turn the low beams on and as soon as they came on they went out.

Thats not really that bad or uncommon esp if you are using Sylvannia *sp or other lower quality bulb. They come in two packs for $$24.99 (basic grade) and go up at your local parts store.

Better they both blow than one a time, that way it forces you to fix it rather than getting pulled over. Also when you install try not to touch them

Ha totally forgot i posted this. And something was wrong.

I musta missed it the first time but on the one side right under the connector the bulb goes in the wire was all jacked up. Guess it musta knocked around just right and blew the bulbs out. I chopped it up and put it back together.

I use sylvania.. best they got in stores here as far as i know.

I had the ZXE ones before but i got the other expensive ones they make cant remember name. These are wayyyyy better

Oh yeah i could totally order any bulbs.

But i dont have money to waste to replace working bulbs and if they are burnt out i dont have time to wait for shipping lol i will definitely get some good ones someday

Well yeah i checked that site out. Im definitely buying from there lol great deals and free shipping. Only other place i can find them that cheap is ebay and i avoid buying in there as much as possible

FYI: There was a recall which extended the leadlamp warranty and your 2008 might actually be covered. I have enjoyed low beam lamp replacements twice in two months for free on my (2nd owner) 2010. Check your VIN against that recall - you may benefit - of course you have to re-install your blown bulb(s) then let them do the lamp replacements. Did I tell you it's free?

Archived