SBT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Looks like some work is needed here...

I used to rewire computer labs to get rid of messes like these. Invariably you'd run into the a$$hole who created it during the final cleanup. They'd say one of two things: "I could have done that" or "I'm just going to mess it up after you leave". I found a before & after picture sent to the a$sshole's boss tended to result in the a$$hole finding a new job.

I used to rewire computer labs to get rid of messes like these. Invariably you'd run into the a$$hole who created it during the final cleanup. They'd say one of two things: "I could have done that" or "I'm just going to mess it up after you leave". I found a before & after picture sent to the a$sshole's boss tended to result in the a$$hole finding a new job.

And that's one of my upcoming jobs... To fix that mess.

The reason it is what it is - the installation had to be as cheap as possible.

453747.png

• 2 weeks later...
582577-eb8e99a1d1dc9a2eb0f1e534f4320400.jpg

I bought a 1930s-vintage Frigidaire refrigerator in the early 1960s (about $15) for use as a college beer cooler. Although the rubber door seals were beginning to rot, it was still running the last time I saw it, in the late '60s, with no maintenance required except for periodic de-icing of the small freezer compartment and occasional removal of dust-bunnies from the condenser coil.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Wal Mart ............ who knew?

PAY SPECIAL ATTENTION TO FACT NUMBER 18, THIS WILL REALLY SURPRISE YOU! This should boggle your mind! (Dead Peasant's Insurance was / is real).

1. At Wal-Mart, Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour of every day.

2. This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.

4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.

5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private employer, and most can't speak English.

6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the world.

7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger Safeway combined, keep in mind they did this in only 15 years.

8. During this same period, 31 Supermarket chains sought bankruptcy.

9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10. Wal-Mart has approx.3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are Super Centers; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 years ago.

11. This year, 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur At a Wal-Mart store. (Earth's population is approximately 6.5 billion).

12. 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart.

13. The value of product for Wal-Mart passing through the port of San Diego each year is a larger sum than 93% of ALL countries

Gross National Product (GNP)..... and that is only ONE port... one way – that’s how Wal-Mart gets it's stuff.

14. Of the 1.6 million employees, only 1.2% make a living above the poverty level.

15. Wal-Mart's head office is located and centralized in Bentonville, AR. Due to this fact, there are more millionaires per square mile there than any place on Earth.

16. The official U.S. Government position is that Wal-Mart's prices are no lower than anyone else's when compared to a typical family's weekly purchase. That's the view of the statisticians at the Bureau Of Labor Statistics (BLS) responsible for calculating the Consumer Price Index (CPI).

17. 92% of everything Wal-Mart sells, comes from China. Another 4% comes from Chinese owned companies in the U.S. or in 3rd world Countries.

18. Wal-Mart and MOST large companies, take out life insurance on its employees, without their knowing. If an employee dies, ALL the insurance moneys go to the companies. (i.e. An employee making $18,000 per year, dies, and the company might make as much as $1 million. Most often these monies, coming from what is commonly referred to as "Dead Peasant Life Insurance Policies", is paid out to executives as bonuses.

A common practice, unknown by the average consumer.)

19. Wal-Mart now averages a "profit" (not sales) of $36 billion per year.

If all the Wal-Mart stores for some reason closed, would China go bankrupt?

Wal Mart ............ who knew?

Source? Without credible substantiation, this post is dangerously close to PA material. And what's it doing in the "General Funny" forum, anyway?

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 1 month later...
^^^ How old are those pictures? TG&Y was headquartered in Oklahoma City, where I grew up surrounded by their "dime stores." But TG&Y went bankrupt in 2001, and the last working store I know of displaying the TG&Y branding was in Gallup, NM, more than a decade ago. FWIW, a former TG&Y employee founded the Hobby Lobby chain, and many former TG&Y staff now occupy upper management positions at Hobby Lobby and Walmart. Edited by ammcinnis

spacer.png