LegacyGT.com

Drove my Spec B

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW,

Speaking of KIAs... My mother in law is in love with the jaguar looking front end of the Kia Amante. We looked at that today, too. The option list was long, but it is a wannabe-luxo, not a sport sedan at all. Guess what? 29.9k.

I was blown away that a hungry korean company with an ultra-economy reputation would be feilding a car for 30k, and that a Legacy GT Limited is SOOO much of a better car for the same money.

So saying "If you can't afford a Legacy, then get a cheap crap Kia..." doesn't necessarily hold up. They aren't that cheap anymore, and even if they still are crap, they are well optioned. They may not be crap anymore, either, I don't know. I do know that the Amante isn't less expensive than the Legacy GT.

Plus SOA needs to sell cars to the $25-30k market, *which is ME! in a few months...* They aren't going to be able to sell as well to the 35-50k crowd. BMWs and Audis are much better optioned, and have much more well known names in that crowd, not to mention the japanese rivals from Acura, Infiniti, and Lexus.

Besides, if we all still followed Mom's advice about speaking badly... how many horrible things would be going on in this world, more than already do? I guess that if someone has nothing good to say about Saddam Hussein, then we should all just clam up about it?... Good advice for a kindergartener, but doesn't universally apply in the world of adults, now does it?

theres an inside joke about kia... whats it stand for Killed In Automobile...

you dont see to many 2 year old kias do you... there kinda like a used toothbrush... their good when you first get it but no one wants it after its used.

Koreans dont even buy kia's

kinda like eating at a chinese resturant where theres no chinese or asians for that matter working there.

Momentary further jaunt off-topic...

I am trying to be as diplomatic with my mom-in-law, about kias... but she likes it because it looks like a Jag. I am amazed that Kia sells their cars with the reliability reputation for almost 30k. I wouldn't buy one for that cash. Depreciation must be a complete hoser on that.

Back on topic...

Is keith around, or did he take his spec B for a weekend jaunt already?

I want to hear how he likes it, especially the suspension...

I hope I didn't scare him off of his own thread. I really got to keep my mouth/keyboard quiet more often...

What I don't get is why subaru offers these pacakges that are either a must get it all or none at all. Why can't we have pacakges like other car companies offer, for example if I want red color interior but don't want nav then why would I be forced to get them both. Or if all I want is the upgraded suspension then why do I have to pay for all the other stuff to get it. If I had the option of getting the GT with better suspension and the red lether I'd be all over it. Thats what pisses me off, Iwanasportsedan you are in the same boat as I am. Although I make enough that I can get the legacy spec b, but from my common business sense I would be waisting money which is what I wan't due. Having the LGT would be a bigger option if I could get the packages instead of the whole thing. And if they wanted to create their stupid limited production series I bet they would still sell them out becasue the whole package could cost less then if someone added all individual packages together.... I guess some old fart back in Japan still has his ideas and is sticking to them, I am waiting patiently but if that doesn't become a reality I guess Mazda 6speed will be my next car. I can pick and choose what ever I want with that car, same with Lexus, BMW, AUDI, on and on but Subaru----> NO WAY!!!! /rant:D

Whew this thread is going crazy ;) Honestly though, if I was worried at all about folks negative vibes I wouldn't of posted. The only post that actually got me was the "more money than sense". Keep in mind you never get out of a car the money you put into it mods. Sure people will say the opposite and there are always exceptions, but in general that is a proven fact. They also forgot number 4...."I wanted it". Hehehe

Anyways after a weekend +1 of driving, I still like it. The stutter problem is almost non existent, but since I am sensitive to it I can still sense it a bit. If you never had a new generation GT you probably would not even notice. The brakes have a nicer more progressive feel, but that is probably just refinement of what was there.

The Nav is fine for getting from A to B and adjusts well when you deviate from its course. It is not the best nav system out there, but it is very intuitive. The phone look-up function is not very good though, in fact it is pretty useless. The "guages" are just eye candy. The bars are much more informative. I would like to see more POIs but I can understand why they wouldn't have Bars and Strip-Clubs in there.

Everyone that checked it out genuinely liked it. It looks and handles more adult. My black on black 05 was sleek and sporty. This is refined and sporty. Whether you park it next too a bunch of Subarus or mixed cars in a parking lot it definitely stands out----in a good way. I agree the brick would look rocking in OBP, but that is very boy-racer. This is the anti-Fast and Furious LGT :)

I wanted it, I bought it, I like it. Heck I may even actually keep it awhile.

On the modding note; if your car gets totalled by some moron not paying attention, do you think their insurance company is going to take into account your $2000 in suspension mods or $750 in interior augmentation? Nice thing about factory bits is when the dirt hits the fan.

Oh yeah, and resale too.

No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

Archived