LegacyGT.com

Engine rebuild, open source tune, rough idle + stall

Alright, I've checked the forums for a similar post so that I wouldn't need to make another thread but I've had no luck. My apologies if I've overlooked it. This is a quick breakdown:

2013 sti shortblock

2009 lgt heads P&P

Oem sti crank

King Performance rod and crank bearings

Brian Crower rods

Manley pistons

Tgv deletes

Air pump delete

Emissions delete

ID1000s

Walbro 400lph

20g turbo

Perrin intake

Perrin inlet pipe

Fast motorsports fmic

Tomei uel headers

Tomei catless up

Grimmspeed catless dp

Invidia q300 catback

Aem oil pressure gauge

Aem wideband o2

Opensource tune for break in mileage

So basically I started it up the other night, it was rough down low in the rpms. I need to give it some gas to keep it alive. When I blipped it, rpms rose up just fine without breaking up. I have a feeling it's gotta do something with the base map. Any help will be appreciated. I'll attach some pictures for ya in a bit. THANKS!

Your going to not want to start it again until you have a good base map from Mike Kinsman of http://www.tuningalliance.com

Your car is far from stock, only trust it to Mike.

Really, its that important.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Great looking car! I also have the fast Motorsports fmic. Do you remember what sizes t-bolt comes with the kit? Figured Id ask before I start pulling things off.

Thanks! I wanna say it is 10mm nuts and 2.5in + 3in clamps if I'm not mistaken

Quick question: because I found that my pcv system was kinda whacky...its safe to run pcv to oil cooler and cooler to inlet correct? I have one port on each valve cover going to equalizer tube, and the other T'd together and to a little breather filter. Unfortunately I have a 2port catch can as opposed to a 4. The write ups I've seen have valve cover breather ports T'd to catch can and catch can to turbo inlet. Sorry if this has already been answered.

Your max MAF limit seems too low. I wouldn't be surprise to see 350 with that turbo, so I'd set it to 400 just to be safe.

Can you post a picture of your MAF curve from ecuflash?

Your max MAF limit seems too low. I wouldn't be surprise to see 350 with that turbo, so I'd set it to 400 just to be safe.

Can you post a picture of your MAF curve from ecuflash?

I ended up sending out for a basemap/protune from prime motoring in NJ. I'd rather not risk any damage on my end from dicking around with a tune:lol:

Waiting on Jr to do his thing and send me back a file to use with accessport.

Smart move. Have you checked to make sure that you don't have any boost leaks before starting the tuning process?

I haven't. I've really just let it idle for like 10 minutes a couple times and given it a few braps. Once basemap is loaded, I'll be able to do my oil changes and scoot around a little bit for break in mileage. I'm sure any boost leaks will be noticeable

Archived