LegacyGT.com

2006 Subaru Legacy GT

i have a turbo on my car that is broken, 166000 miles, they say its $1900ish to fix. my question is if i fix it what is the likely hood that more major problems wont occur? Has anyone had to get the turbo replaced and how does the car run good after? The car runs great still with the turbo broken it just doesn't accelerate very good.

could you also honestly answer this question...Do i fix the car or buy a new one?

Thank you in advance!

Erik

The car runs great still with the turbo broken it just doesn't accelerate very good.

could you also honestly answer this question...Do i fix the car or buy a new one?

Thank you in advance!

Erik

Based on the first quote above, I'd say the chances of your car being properly broken are quite high. A full engine rebuild will run between 3k-8k, depending on your level of involvement. If you don't have that kind of coin, and or time, to spend, then sell the car ASAP and cut your losses.

Further, if you think your LGT still drives great with a broken turbo, I'd re-evaluate your choice in transportation. Maybe consider something intended to be naturally aspirated.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

i have a turbo on my car that is broken, 166000 miles, they say its $1900ish to fix. my question is if i fix it what is the likely hood that more major problems wont occur? Has anyone had to get the turbo replaced and how does the car run good after? The car runs great still with the turbo broken it just doesn't accelerate very good.

Thank you in advance!

Erik

Welcome to the forum, you just posted this in the wrong forum. Try the 4th Gen below and read the sticky's at top of t he Tech Forum. All the answers are here.

Read a little and tell us how good you are with tools.

Most of us have been where you are.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Moved to 4h Gen turbo powertrain sub-forum.

OP, welcome to the site and good luck with your issue.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived