LegacyGT.com

How can I fix this?

So I cant find any of the pre molded hoses for the valve covers. No one has them anymore. What should I use instead?

I need hose number 9, 8, 15, 10.

http://parts.subaru.com/images/parts/subaru/fullsize/B10_082B0046.png

Can I just use something like this Oil Hose 3/8

Any other ideas?

I just did on my 05 LGT simply because I didn't realize I'd need to replace one of the molded hoses, and had to drive 400 miles that night. Worked fine, though routing was a little tricky.

So you just used some of the oil hose line?

I just went to the auto parts store and bought like 6ft of 3/8 (maybe?) braided core hose and routed it the way I wanted to, it let me getting a bit neater looking engine bay that way

So it was easy to bend so you can route it?

Yeah, the hose is fairly flexible, but you can't do much more than 60-70 degree bends without creating a kink in the hose. It's only $1.50 a foot ish and in my opinion, I'd rather have non molded stuff so that I can route it the way I want. I was going to route mine into a catch can and then into the intake, which would be tricky to do with molded ones.

Ok so I got the 3/8 hose and it seems like it will fit on it ok but its just a little to tight to get on. It will go on about 1/4 an inch and then I cant push it on any further. Please help

So I am able to get the hoses on now but I think I will have to remove the entire air intake manifold to I can remove one of the old dry rotted hoses. Hose number 10.

http://www.surrealmirage.com/vrg3/vacuum/ej22t_pcv.gif

Are you saying you're having trouble separating hose 10 from hard line 14? I'd get a good set of hose cutters or a sharp blade and cut it off, if that's the case. Then split stub that's left attached to the hardline down its length.

You can also buy hose pliers at Harbor Freight for like 15 bucks. Pretty much long needle nose with the tips bent to let you grab various diameter hoses pretty easily. Make getting old crusty hoses off way less of a pain in the ass.

http://www.harborfreight.com/3-piece-long-reach-hose-grip-pliers-37909.html

I just use wd-40 or some other kind of lube like that to get hoses onto where they need to go. If that doesn't work then I progressively stretch the hose by gradually pushing needle nose pliers into the hose, the taper of the pliers with carefully stretch the hose until I can get it to fit.

Oh I misunderstood, What you may have to do it unbolt the intake manifold from the engine, which is just 4 bolts on each side of the engine and then just lift it up and put something under it like a chunk of wood to keep it up and out of the way. I don't think you have to disconnect any other wires, cables or hoses in order to do this since the intake will only move 3-5 inches upward. It's been a while since I did that so you may have to remove some little stuff but I don't know what

Yea I think Im going to bitch out and take it to the local subaru "certified" shop and have them replace all the dry rotted lines(everything is dry rot) and reconnect all the valve cover lines and stuff. I need this car running soon so I cant risk me trying to do it all.

Archived