LegacyGT.com

Mod Recommendations for Daily Driver?

LOL. Reminds me of when I was in middle school and I was doing research online on "black holes." :lol:

For me it was the white house. And that was before good security and website blocking. Then again when you were on a proxy it didnt matter :lol:

Thank you. That would have been too smart if I searched the site. I need to have my google homepage automatically add 'Site:LegacyGT.com' for each search. :p

05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you. That would have been too smart if I searched the site. I need to have my google homepage automatically add 'Site:LegacyGT.com' for each search. :p

That will help you out a bit since they limit how many times you can search here if you try and look up something back to back.

That will help you out a bit since they limit how many times you can search here if you try and look up something back to back.

Even donors? I've been forced to a 10 sec wait, but never locked out. I also just noticed it has a "Search Via Google" that basically does what I wanted by searching google with the "site" tag added. :)

Its amazing what you can find or notice when you're avoiding works :lol:

05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.

Even donors? I've been forced to a 10 sec wait, but never locked out. I also just noticed it has a "Search Via Google" that basically does what I wanted by searching google with the "site" tag added. :)

Its amazing what you can find or notice when you're avoiding works :lol:

Yes I was in Wally World trying my best to find the thread about turbos and shipping them. On tapatalk it blocked me but google in safari I was fine to try 4 more differently worded searches in a 2 minute window to find the right boxes.

Quick update for those who are wondering. I decided that due to all the failure conditions that this wasn't the car for me. I sold it Saturday and thankfully made all my money back and more. I need a car that I can use and be confident in.

Thanks anyways guys. Enjoy your Subaru.

Peace.

Looking back, I wish I did the same in 07 when I started having issues months into ownership. I was really emotionally invested into this one and now I am money and emotionally invested. Parts of me want it running and parts of me are like "It can't break again if you never fix it from the last time it broke".

Yeah I kind of wish I had picked up something else and a bike. I love my car but I want a bike too and eventually a new STI and it's impossible to save money between maintenance and the need for speed...

Why new? Thats where it really gets expensive and you end up "Stuck" with it. I wished I hadnt bought my bike brand new. No regrets - but a lot of lost money. I keep my vehicles until they die, but still. I could have bought it and a Sumo kit and the bike had I waited a few months for a used to pop up and drove out of state like I did for my leggy. But cars do keep value a little bit better - and then just drop off to nothing. :rolleyes:

And I think the "need for speed" is what causes the maintenance to get out of hand fast. Or at least amount paid in parts :lol: Vehicles are not cheap to own, unless its like a base Focus or Saturn - and you leave it as is. Those cars are hard to kill, super cheap, and do fine except in snow.

I went with my friend recently to pick up his brand new 2017 WRX and it just was such a magical experience and had new car smell. Plus you don't have to worry about how the previous owner handled the break in period and so on. I can't even almost afford a new STI. Just saying.

Also I really want a bike but now's not really a great time for that and what little money I come up with seems to get burned up by the Legacy.

Why new? Thats where it really gets expensive and you end up "Stuck" with it. I wished I hadnt bought my bike brand new. No regrets - but a lot of lost money. I keep my vehicles until they die, but still. I could have bought it and a Sumo kit and the bike had I waited a few months for a used to pop up and drove out of state like I did for my leggy. But cars do keep value a little bit better - and then just drop off to nothing. :rolleyes:

And I think the "need for speed" is what causes the maintenance to get out of hand fast. Or at least amount paid in parts :lol: Vehicles are not cheap to own, unless its like a base Focus or Saturn - and you leave it as is. Those cars are hard to kill, super cheap, and do fine except in snow.

Cruze is out of that except for snow. I got a Cruze as my DD while I got the legacy running and pretty much replaced most of the car except the engine. My Legacy was gotten 2 years gently used with factory warranty intact. Only known issue was wheel bearings at that point.

Archived