LegacyGT.com

Totalled Car

:nono:Why'd you have to post that? My beloved 2006 Legacy was just transported to a copart yard today. Now I am going to end up looking for the ad and be sad all over again. :(

:mad:

My wife had the same feelings for mine.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a lot of damage just the cost to fix to actual value I guess. Look like a fairly easy fix.

The back is a lot worse than it looks. The back wall of the trunk moved forward ~1/4" and at least two of the frames in the front were bent (plus hood, fender, bumper). The problem was that both ends had damage, so it adds up pretty quick. They did give me $7250 for it, not bad for 11 years and 165,000 miles. I paid $20,800 for it new in 2006.

I thought about buying it back, having someone do the forward frames and I would do everything else, until I realized just how bad the back actually was. The insurance adjuster also told me based on his experience (40 years) that there was probably a lot more frame damage than you could see with your eyes but you'd find once it was put in an alignment jig.

The back is a lot worse than it looks. The back wall of the trunk moved forward ~1/4" and at least two of the frames in the front were bent (plus hood, fender, bumper). The problem was that both ends had damage, so it adds up pretty quick. They did give me $7250 for it, not bad for 11 years and 165,000 miles. I paid $20,800 for it new in 2006.

I thought about buying it back, having someone do the forward frames and I would do everything else, until I realized just how bad the back actually was. The insurance adjuster also told me based on his experience (40 years) that there was probably a lot more frame damage than you could see with your eyes but you'd find once it was put in an alignment jig.

Yeah, it tends to have a ripple effect. That sucks looking at the photos I would have put it into an EZ fixer category. Does seem like pretty good money for an 11 year old car though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, update so i still have not gotten my car back yet. They say this friday but i doubt it. All they have to do is install the parts they took off and do an alignment. They told me that monday, so it should be done friday right? Should not take that long. Geico only paid for 30 days of the rental, i have paid ever since may 1st. They gave me a good rate till about a week ago. I have paid around 2000 just on rentals, tried to get service center to pay and they won't and neither will geico. If it fails the alignment, what should l do? Any advice you guys can offer me will be appreciated.

I just want my car back already.

• 1 year later...
Hey guys, update so i still have not gotten my car back yet. They say this friday but i doubt it. All they have to do is install the parts they took off and do an alignment. They told me that monday, so it should be done friday right? Should not take that long. Geico only paid for 30 days of the rental, i have paid ever since may 1st. They gave me a good rate till about a week ago. I have paid around 2000 just on rentals, tried to get service center to pay and they won't and neither will geico. If it fails the alignment, what should l do? Any advice you guys can offer me will be appreciated.

I just want my car back already.

Hey what did end up happening to your vehicle. Did you end up getting it back and fixed? I got hit last week and I am hoping that my vehicle isn't totaled. Here are some pics:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1NdEU8jOjgfraeAy8lOucxEi4tkiWFP6H

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I ended up buying a 2017 after the 2016 was totaled and a couple of months ago it was significantly hit in the rear $7k worth of damage. My wife has an Ascent on order hope we have better luck with that model.

Archived