LegacyGT.com

09 OB XT Ringland Failure - Back to Stock or Rebuild?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 years later...
Quick update -- -The XT was great again -- Motor runs strong has like 15k on it since the rebuild. I never ended up selling it and it as just over 70k on it now.. Its coming apart now due to a stupid clutch fork failure. What a royal waste of time to replace a $25 part. I always try to do the right thing and replace every foreseeable part when the car is in pieces - guess i missed one. I think the time is near for the car to go to its next owner.. If anyone knows anyone looking for a beautiful 09 White OBXT Stage 3 that is clean let me know.

Quick update -- -The XT was great again -- Motor runs strong has like 15k on it since the rebuild. I never ended up selling it and it as just over 70k on it now.. Its coming apart now due to a stupid clutch fork failure. What a royal waste of time to replace a $25 part. I always try to do the right thing and replace every foreseeable part when the car is in pieces - guess i missed one. I think the time is near for the car to go to its next owner.. If anyone knows anyone looking for a beautiful 09 White OBXT Stage 3 that is clean let me know.
When I had my clutch and tranny swap done the shop suggested forged clutch fork and billet pivot ball, it probably wasn't necessary but what's another 150 when you spending close to 2k....glad I did after reading this.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk