LegacyGT.com

2008 legacy lgt limited smoking after long idle

hi guys i have 2008 legacy lgt limited starts. smoking after long idle like if i leave the car on and idling for about 30-40 min then it starts to smoke any ideas why i took the dp off turbo is bone dry from the exhaust side took the intercooler and turbo inlet pipe to see if the intake side is also good brand new tomei uel with all new turbo gaskets and headers gaskets also pcv valve replaced new spark plugs i dont know what else to check could it be the ewg...

Why on earth would you idle the car for that long.

Its not good for this style engine. Horizontal pistons.

Your putting so much heat under the hood, things are going to get really hot. Lack of air flow from a moving car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Is there any truth that horizontally opposed engines wear the cylinders out more due to gravity? I was reading about the 1932 Ford V8 (first year) and detractors back in the 1930's were claiming the same thing with V8 engines, as compared to inline engines. So I wonder if this is an old wives tale that refused to die? :)

Think about how the piston sit's when the engine is not running...either way, unless your a cop idling waiting to catch a speeder, why would you idle for that long ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived