LegacyGT.com

First post, first Subaru

when you say full control does that mean BT as well (talk/hang up buttons) and does it use the car's MIC?

Yes,

All steering wheel buttons including bluetooth retain functionality. It's based upon the wiring harness.

As for the mic, that's located under the rearview mirror so it won't change.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

probably just visually. i want a stock spoiler and a different grille. my last car was slammed so ill be avoiding doing that again. at most im thinking some springs/shocks (maybe eibachs/konis), no more coilovers, and some wheels with a better offset so the wheels arent so sunken in. im also into the idea of swapping the headlights with the darker outback light housings. im reading about the xrt or whatever it is tune that firms up shifts and throttle response and it seems like a good way to go. the throttle response on these things are awful. at the end of the day, i put 75k on my slammed speed in 3 years and will likely go the same route with this thing, so comfort is key. if the springs and shocks go too far with stiffness, theyll come off in favor of the stock setup again.

I found the stock 2013/2014 springs to be better that the stock Speed springs. This comparing my 14' with all stock suspension and a 20mm rear STI bar to my MS6 with stock spring, Bilsteins, and a CorkSport 25mm rear bar. Yet the ride is about the same. Ed at XRT is the place to go for tuning the 3.6r. Head over to the 3.6r Sticky and start reading. Tune and headers are the best power and drive ability mods.

probably just visually. i want a stock spoiler and a different grille. my last car was slammed so ill be avoiding doing that again. at most im thinking some springs/shocks (maybe eibachs/konis), no more coilovers, and some wheels with a better offset so the wheels arent so sunken in. im also into the idea of swapping the headlights with the darker outback light housings. im reading about the xrt or whatever it is tune that firms up shifts and throttle response and it seems like a good way to go. the throttle response on these things are awful. at the end of the day, i put 75k on my slammed speed in 3 years and will likely go the same route with this thing, so comfort is key. if the springs and shocks go too far with stiffness, theyll come off in favor of the stock setup again.

I owe you a full write but here goes.

I'm a 2011 3.6R running 2014 springs with koni yellow struts. She rides softer then my stock 2011 but with far more agility. It's a very plush ride but corners flat, right now in between a wrx and an sti and the struts are basically full soft.

With an XRT tune plus raptor headers and associated parts ( You don't need the full exhaust) you'll be making STi levels of power to the wheels ( with prolly 30-40ft lbs more torque) while not adding much strain to your engine bc you're not boosting.

just noticed my passenger side bulb is out. whats the boards go to site for replacement bulbs? ive read up on the process for swapping these out, so im not to thrilled this happened in my first month of ownership.

just noticed my passenger side bulb is out. whats the boards go to site for replacement bulbs? ive read up on the process for swapping these out, so im not to thrilled this happened in my first month of ownership.

Remove the bumper, which you had to do on the Speed6 too. Its easy once you do it once. My first time, 15 min. How to here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/front-bumper-removal-2010-206177.html

I just did the TRS Quick retro (as I also did on my MS6) and its a worth while swap. Stock Legacy sucks.

Another option is the Osram 65W Ralley bulb. Sum put a HID kit in the stock Halogen projector and have good success.

All require removing the bumper unless you have 6 year old hands.

Screw it and get an HID kit, it's a common issue on our cars and the upgrade is well worth it

Remove the bumper, which you had to do on the Speed6 too. Its easy once you do it once. My first time, 15 min. How to here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/front-bumper-removal-2010-206177.html

I just did the TRS Quick retro (as I also did on my MS6) and its a worth while swap. Stock Legacy sucks.

Another option is the Osram 65W Ralley bulb. Sum put a HID kit in the stock Halogen projector and have good success.

All require removing the bumper unless you have 6 year old hands.

im amazed you think the leggy sucks coming from a 6. i didnt hate the 6 but the output wasnt great. the leggy in comparison is soooo much brighter with just standard hallogens. The TRS setup is just an HID kit right? Im leaning toward a simple bulb swap at the moment.

My MS6 was a GT, with factory HID, it sucked, the lens was clouded and diffused. I put the TRS H1's in and it was 1000 times better. I had a SVT Focus with factory Hella Bi-Xenon and they were awesome. Once you've had excellent headlights anything less is annoying. I also drive a lot of unlit back roads and it rains here a tone and we all know how nice wet black asphalt soaks up light.

Other than the headlights I like my Legacy. I have a set of Raptor headers sitting here to go on, likely late summer or early next summer.

My MS6 was a GT, with factory HID, it sucked, the lens was clouded and diffused. I put the TRS H1's in and it was 1000 times better. I had a SVT Focus with factory Hella Bi-Xenon and they were awesome. Once you've had excellent headlights anything less is annoying. I also drive a lot of unlit back roads and it rains here a tone and we all know how nice wet black asphalt soaks up light.

Other than the headlights I like my Legacy. I have a set of Raptor headers sitting here to go on, likely late summer or early next summer.

yea mine was a gt too. i kept the lenses clear but yea they werent great. i did some reading and saw that the bulbs are super flaky so i may be going the HID route later this year.

Popped the bumper and swapped the bulbs out. Went pretty smooth. Only unable to get the 2 popit things in the wheel wells back in. 17 out of 19 ain't bad.

Also found this by whatever reservoir this is on the drivers side. This plug just hanging not connected to anything. Any ideas?

B2vMSOi.jpg

Popped the bumper and swapped the bulbs out. Went pretty smooth. Only unable to get the 2 popit things in the wheel wells back in. 17 out of 19 ain't bad.

Also found this by whatever reservoir this is on the drivers side. This plug just hanging not connected to anything. Any ideas?

Those were a bit of a pain to pop in.

Euro headlight washer plug?

I think Zee is right about the fog. I remember both sides having a plug open.

In an attempt to keep this thing in better condition than I kept my Mazda, and not wanting to wrestle with stock retainer clips, I found an alternative. I first used these from a different source on my old jeep like a decade ago and loved them. The stock Chrysler clips were even worse than the Subaru's.

Here's an original

oWpxgda.jpg

Here's the replacement.

E0k8HUY.jpg

It's size 5/16 and popped right into the 2 in the wheelwell I wasn't able to get the originals back into. I didn't push it all the way in, I left enough to be able to slide a flathead in place to pop it back out.

it would take at least the same amount of force to get these out as it would with the stockers. just like the originals, its a larger diameter than the hole, except these stay larger where the stocks only get larger after being pressed in. also, its literally just the 2 in the wheel well for bumper removal. should these fail, i doubt id even notice.

The problem with the stock ones is they bell out and the push pin gets sloppy and they become hard to put in. You can buy new ones on Amazon for cheap.

The barbed kind I use diagonal cutters to remove and replace with new.

It is your car you can do as you wish, I just wouldn't trust it on my own car. I have seen too many cars driving around grinding their undertrays to dust to trust a push in fastener on any part under my car.

If the holes are in that bad of shape you might consider finding a slightly larger fastener.

A bigger, blacker fastener if you will...

But seriously, you can get a box of 20 on Amazon for not too much at all. Then you don't feel as bad when you go HULK SMASH on one

Archived