LegacyGT.com

Recall Questions

So I finally got an appointment for the Brake Line, Air Bag and dashboard recalls. For those that have done the dashboard recall do they actually replace the whole thing? Mine is def breaking down esp over the middle area above the vents and the hood over the cluster. How do you even take a dash out with all the connections and such that must suck for the techs.

My Service advisor said mine would be the "1.5 days" repair type for the airbag so not sure what that means. Brake lines look fine so maybe ill just the spray stuff around that junction.

Gee, I just did SS break lines on the car so I did not have to worry. Also I was doing my head unit install and It does not look hard to take out the dash and replace the air bag. When I had my legacy and did my gauges we took most of the plastics out and there was a lot of screws and metal that a ratchet could have removed.

You may want to consider taking detailed photos of the interior of the car before you take it in for the dash board. Some issues I've heard of are: Scratched trim, broken trim, dash lights that don't work, dirt or grease spots on carpet, seats or trim, and also missing screws or clips. If you have none of those now, it could be hard to prove you don't after the fact. Photos are easy enough to take.

Also watch out for dash rattles and mis-matched trim lines after they change the dash.

No worries though, I'm sure it will be fine. :spin::dm::hide::munch:

You may want to consider taking detailed photos of the interior of the car before you take it in for the dash board. Some issues I've heard of are: Scratched trim...

Definitely a good idea. I found this out the hard way when the airbag recall was done. There was a small hole punched into the door panel on the passenger side (looks like it was hit with a screwdriver). Cannot prove it happened at the dealership, though. Have to repair it myself. Annoying.

Had my airbag recall done recently. No dashboard recall in Canada because well, I guess it don't get that hot here haha.

Take many pictures and make sure everything is nice and tight when you get it back. They took my dash off to replace the passenger airbag and when I got it back I noticed some scratched off finish on the sunglass compartment/vent/trip computer thing. Drove to work the next day down a bumpy road and that whole centre section of the dash just falls out. Took it straight back after work and they popped it back in properly. Scratched finish remains.

Well thats all good to hear but my Legacy spun a crank bearing while driving home from VT on a skiing trip:eek: Sunday. I sold it to a fellow owner on these forums Tuesday and its on its way to her new home.

Not done with Subaru by any means will look into a CPO STi or a lease on a 2017 WRX (I drive about 4K miles a year).

Well thats all good to hear but my Legacy spun a crank bearing while driving home from VT on a skiing trip:eek: Sunday. I sold it to a fellow owner on these forums Tuesday and its on its way to her new home.

just out of curiosity how much did you let her go for with all the goodies on there? I feel like that is the only way i'm going to get into a 05+ legacy is if I find a blown one and just put in another motor.

sorry to hear that too, I hope you stick around our forums still and help others and possibly fall for another legacy.

Not done with Subaru by any means will look into a CPO STi or a lease on a 2017 WRX (I drive about 4K miles a year).

What does that have to do with you, you sold the car. Hell, My car could do the same on the way home after work. My old 04 STI I had I traded it in on my old 08 legacy, 8 months later the kid who bought it (19yr old) blew the motor , bahaahah not my problem. cars are sold as it.

If I where you NEVER lease unless you just love giving your money away, find yourself an STI and by it out right. I do not do payments and never have. bought my 09 WRX cash money. No loans. Never can see how people are buy new STI and then with in a year it's liberty walked, stanced or putting down 700 on full build while making payments. :eek::confused:

But then I see it parked outside an apartment or on a side street or for sale later, then I know why lol

What does that have to do with you, you sold the car. Hell, My car could do the same on the way home after work. My old 04 STI I had I traded it in on my old 08 legacy, 8 months later the kid who bought it (19yr old) blew the motor , bahaahah not my problem. cars are sold as it.

If I where you NEVER lease unless you just love giving your money away, find yourself an STI and by it out right. I do not do payments and never have. bought my 09 WRX cash money. No loans. Never can see how people are buy new STI and then with in a year it's liberty walked, stanced or putting down 700 on full build while making payments. :eek::confused:

But then I see it parked outside an apartment or on a side street or for sale later, then I know why lol

Well i like the lease idea purely b/c I dont know what I want yet I really honestly love the new WRX/STi styling but something also wants me to get a 16+ mustang i love the styling its very not American :lol:

But I also like the 15+ Legacy but I/m not driving a CVT or auto until the chop off my left leg and even then id try to.

So im going to research a LOT right now and ask to drive a fellow owners 16 STi and test drive a Mustang.

I also found a 16 Legacy 6MT in Montreal for $18.3K USD total (GST included)

As you can tell I have issues :lol:

Archived