LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket Radio Upgrade?

Hi All!

Just picked up a 2013 Legacy Premium about 5 months ago, sadly the 2.5i as I'm just a student, and when your making 12.50 an hour, your MPGs do matter.

I'm looking to possibly add a touch screen to my car, which I assume would be an aftermarket radio kit. Just wondering what is going to be the best one that is going to fit my car.

Something clean like this would be awesome,

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/attachments/audio-video-security-navigation/42010d1373818816-2010-subaru-outback-premium-2-5-stereo-upgrade-appradio-3-sm_20130714_104141.jpg

One of the most have's is going to be Bluetooth Audio Streaming

My expertise lies in IT, and computer building so not cars. So ideally, a shop would install this for me.

The mount you linked to is, from what I understand, only available from japan...That means $$$. I think the mount itself is over $100. If you happen to find a cheaper place for that mount, please post it here, as I would like to upgrade at some point as well.

There are cheaper mounts available, but they do not look as good as the one you posted.

I was lucky enough to buy one used here. I will say from what I saw of the Metra kits- worth the money.

Even though the JDM one doesn't look THAT much different than the Metra one by itself, to me it looks a great deal better once installed with a radio than the Metra one, at least judging by the pictures people have posted using both. The finish looks to match better, and the corners that bulge out are there to cover the corners of the aftermarket radios that protrude from the dash surface.

Then again, it is 10X the price...

Archived