LegacyGT.com

2010 Legacy gt 4 pot front conversion

Hi there, I've been told that with the 2010 subaru legacy gt that you can convert the front end braking system to a 4 pot system off a certain era of wrx (cant remeber which year) and I was just wondering if it is possible and if so is it worth the upgrade in terms of the results in braking improvement and stopping power that you'd obtain from the conversion? According to the performance shop that i deal with it achieves according to them a very noticable performnace increase.

If i remeber correctly our front end system is 2 piston system correct?

Any info will be much apprectaied, i've only seen info about this so far in realtion to the previous 4th gen liberties and nm on our 5th gens.

That would be a step backwards in heat capacity as the rotors are smaller than the stock ones on the 2010.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

The Subaru 4 pots are a step down in performance as compared to our stock brakes. As stated above, STi Brembo calipers are a step up and from 2008+ STi's, they will bolt right on both front and rear with only some mods to our stock backing plates. You will need DBA rotors for them that are Dual Drilled for both 5x100 and 5x114 bolt patterns. KNS Brakes can get you the part numbers or since you are in Oz, you can probably call DBA or a local distributor directly.

There are a bunch of upgrades available. Sti 4 pot, ATS/CTS-V 4 Pot, Z06 6 pot wildwood.

They all are significant improvements over stock, but require better rotors and obviously different pads. They also require bigger wheels with specific spoke and offsets to clear the bigger kits.

Research on this site should yield you the results you are looking for. Our brakes are bigger then all but 2015 WRX so those are a step down. Sti is another story

I haven't seen any info about fitting Z06 calipers onto our cars before. Has someone done that yet? Even a 4th gen example would be good.

My garage does, they do the full kit for

$1399 for 13" (335 ) rotors

$1499 for 14" (355) rotors

Its on the docket for late this year job dependent. I will post pics once it's done

These are 05-12 Z06, the new ones are 6 pot brembos

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Sounds like fronts-only?

It is.

Don't really need rears for our cars though they said if I wanted I could swap my fronts to rear.

They did a few years of work testing the setup. A bunch of their STi guys upgraded to these.

Look at an M5 rear, it's TINY, most of the weight in braking will be hitting the fronts

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Archived