LegacyGT.com

Another Tmic vs Fmic thread...

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think those were shared already... pretty neat. Definitely why Grimnspeed was the only tmic that was even considered. Of course, it's more expensive then the RacerX, and core is smaller.

Since my car won't be tailored to the track, and is driven Daily in the NM heat... fmic fits my needs better.

Cool to see GS put it down like that... man, that car is built to the nine. Fun to watch 1/4 miles, but I'd love to see this scoob in its natural elements, shredding a rally course!! Might fight heatsoak more in that application. But damn I bet it'd be a blast to drive that thing!

Some great videos here

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Paul's STi, or NA STi, furthered that record this last December as he broke into the 9s with GS TMIC! 9.9, pretty damn impressive!!!

Just for giggles-

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9xTC2zi0Ws]6-speed Subaru World Record - White Bullet 8.4 @ 168MPH - YouTube[/ame]

I'm still considering racerx fmic since I'm your neighbor in Vegas lol. Definitely heat soak 7 months out of the year. Waiting to do a built shortblock and then will reconsider my options for intercooler situation. Racerx seems to be a pretty easy install too.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

• 1 month later...
Ive got a JDM spec B with a vf37 + large fmic blow through setup. Ive got a gs tmic on order and plan to go with a blouch 1.5 xtr twin scroll. I want to build the car to be a very responsive fun DD. Previous owner did the fmic but something just isnt right. Ive tried so many things but the response still sucks. Temps are in the 90's all year round here but im going to add a water spray and aquamist methanol injection to deal with the heatsoak. If i wanted to build an all out high hp road racer then fmic makes sense. Also building a supercharger setup on my wife's lifted SG Forester. Tmic with that as well for response. I can post pics if you want.

Kind of hard to compare apples to oranges... I've yet to see a masterfully tuned X with Y turbo and Z tmic, vs the same X and y with V fmic also tuned to perfection.

However, the GS tmic is a wonderful product, I'm quite sure you'll be completely satisfied with that setup man! I may actually go that route down the line when I move to the cooler temps of CO. Really does not get any better in the tmic world.

I think it's been pretty well argued that the important thing in any turbo fmic/tmic combo, the most important piece is the tune.

Funny thing to add, I JUST noticed, that the start up screen picture on my Cobb AP.... is a saweeeeeet Lego- with a fmic. MUST mean it's the best.... since Cobb, ya know

Lol

Archived