LegacyGT.com

2017 few small upgrades!

So I washed,clayed,washed again. Six to Eight coats of Zaino, removed all glue residue from wheels. Got her looking extremely good. And extremely slick! And then came the rain!!!Had the windows tinted, JDM Grille on order. Have two trunk hooks on my bench ready to be installed. Gonna get some some high res photos soon! This is from iPhone. IMG_3668.thumb.JPG.9fb3f995c6b74e7cc0664e079681c362.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IMG_0286.thumb.JPG.0cb99f3ebeecd1bc78e2a095e938273f.JPG

IMG_0287.thumb.JPG.347e6ecaa7fff89286d65f9e5652afb8.JPG

Looks great!

I'm curious, what is your car's born on date, and when did you clay bar? I know it's good to let the paint cure before clay barring.

Also, what did the clay bar look like when done? Did you pick up any/much debris in the clay?

I clay bar my car every year but I've never done it brand new so I'm curious.

Good luck with the new car!

thanks

Looks great!

I'm curious, what is your car's born on date, and when did you clay bar? I know it's good to let the paint cure before clay barring.

Also, what did the clay bar look like when done? Did you pick up any/much debris in the clay?

thanks

Cars are clay barred when new by detailers very often now. It s a gentle way of removing containments . Paint now a days is long cured when you get the car.

So I washed,clayed,washed again. Six to Eight coats of Zaino, removed all glue residue from wheels. Got her looking extremely good. And extremely slick! And then came the rain!!!Had the windows tinted, JDM Grille on order. Have two trunk hooks on my bench ready to be installed. Gonna get some some high res photos soon! This is from iPhone. [ATTACH]243726[/ATTACH][ATTACH]243727[/ATTACH][ATTACH]243728[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just wondering if you have any plans to make a how to video, especially using those products

Looks great!

thanks

We ordered the car over nine weeks ago. Came in a week ago. I lightly clayed the entire car. I cut the clay bar in half and used it that way. Very little discoloration in clay bar when done. Now , I clayed our 2011 outback after finishing up on legacy. It was almost all black when done. Car had a ton of road tar.

Just wondering if you have any plans to make a how to video, especially using those products

Zaino products are awesome. Not cheap but very very good. I have a 2002 Trans Am Firehawk only product ever been on the paint. Looks like the day I picked it up! Only has 5000 miles on it ! Hehe!!

Look them up online and it has step by step how to instructions.

I've got a 2016 fully loaded with backup sensors and they are not visible in the bumper like that.

Your 2016 does not have Reverse Automatic Braking (RAB), which uses acoustic sensors mounted in the rear bumper cover. You may be thinking of the Subaru Rear Vehicle Detection (SRVD) system, which is radar-based and has been available since MY 2015.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

2017's with EyeSight have them for the reverse automatic braking system. Outback, Forester, Impreza, and WRX got them for '17 as well.

The first level Eyesight package does not have RAB. Only for the upgraded Eyesight (which is an option at the Premium level, not sure if it's standard for Limited trim).

Did they change the sensors to a different type then. I've got a 2016 fully loaded with backup sensors and they are not visible in the bumper like that.

Your 2016 does not have Reverse Automatic Braking (RAB), which uses acoustic sensors mounted in the rear bumper cover. You may be thinking of the Subaru Rear Vehicle Detection (SRVD) system, which is radar-based and has been available since MY 2015.

Not "fully loaded" after all :spin:

The first level Eyesight package does not have RAB. Only for the upgraded Eyesight (which is an option at the Premium level, not sure if it's standard for Limited trim).

According to the specs page it's only on Sport and Limited models with EyeSight. If the specs info is correct that is.

Not "fully loaded" after all

It is unreasonable to expect "fully loaded" to include something that's not even offered. The error is in "assuming" without checking readily available facts. (My personal opinion on this subject is even less generous.)

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Thanks for the clarification. I was unaware this change was made in the 2017.

Zaino products are awesome. Not cheap but very very good. I have a 2002 Trans Am Firehawk only product ever been on the paint. Looks like the day I picked it up! Only has 5000 miles on it ! Hehe!!

Look them up online and it has step by step how to instructions.

And here I thought I was the only one still using Zaino. The min you leave the domestic car crowd, not that many people use them these days.

Good to have a Zaino & F-Body brother here.

The term garage queen is also used mostly on those forums as well. Don't ask how I know. I have owned 5 F-Bodies, below being in the last one. Drive the Hawk more! There is always one for sale on Ebay with like 400 miles. They are not that much $$$ these days as everyone seems to have one parked.

My last one probably had100 coast of Zaino, never seen rain & all of that typical stuff by the time I finally got tired of it (7K miles). Sold it so someone as they missed the last production year and they were super happy to buy my car. I am sure it still is a garage queen.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/tgunal/Random%20Uploads/P1010004_zpsb6736383.jpg

Are you a millennial? (Sorry, you just sound like a typical intern at our office these days :lol: )

Detailing is not rocket science. If you do enough research, there are plenty of write ups including in Zaino's own website.

Here is a write up I did to my Legacy back in the day.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/much-too-muchi-3-day-detail-daily-driven-legacy-tips-242008.html?t=242008

And here I thought I was the only one still using Zaino. The min you leave the domestic car crowd, not that many people use them these days.

Good to have a Zaino & F-Body brother here.

The term garage queen is also used mostly on those forums as well. Don't ask how I know. I have owned 5 F-Bodies, below being in the last one. Drive the Hawk more! There is always one for sale on Ebay with like 400 miles. They are not that much $$$ these days as everyone seems to have one parked.

My last one probably had100 coast of Zaino, never seen rain & all of that typical stuff by the time I finally got tired of it (7K miles). Sold it so someone as they missed the last production year and they were super happy to buy my car. I am sure it still is a garage queen.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/tgunal/Random%20Uploads/P1010004_zpsb6736383.jpg

Hopefully my retirement fund!!IMG_0044.JPG.ef1ec0d3fea062b6f666f5141fe11ede.JPG

Archived