LegacyGT.com

Electronic Parking Brake ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe it has two modes and the hill has to be significant, in the first mode the brakes hold for like a half second after you let go and then release in the other mode the parking brake engages to hold the car. I have never had an issue with it working either, and you know how hilly Florida is, but it does need to be a pretty steep slope like maybe 15 degrees or better.

I thought you were a tech for subaru? ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I'd like to see where I ever stated being a Subaru tech ;) Technician of all vehicles. I have yet to do rear brakes on a Subaru with electronic parking brake.

Laz- Where is the actuator in that picture? It looks like a basic rear brake set-up that I am extremely familiar with.

I'd like to see where I ever stated being a Subaru tech ;) Technician of all vehicles. I have yet to do rear brakes on a Subaru with electronic parking brake.

Laz- Where is the actuator in that picture? It looks like a basic rear brake set-up that I am extremely familiar with.

That is a diagram of a '07 Legacy. Just to show you that they've had drum parking brakes for a while. I think my '05 Impreza also has a a similar setup.

---

^behind the shifter...right where someone would expect it. sneaky...

I dunno, the placement of the parking brake switch in the 5th gen is pretty standard on a lot of cars. Usually ones that have a pedal for the parking brake, but still not an unusual place to put the release lever.

I dunno, the placement of the parking brake switch in the 5th gen is pretty standard on a lot of cars. Usually ones that have a pedal for the parking brake, but still not an unusual place to put the release lever.

Some people are never satisfied, lol.

Its just a button and some wires...;)

it's actually a little more complicated than just a button - there are a number of wires involved that need to be switched. I have the JDM button and trim piece for my center console, along with the connector and pins - I ohmed out the switch and think I have it good to go - just need to build the cable. I had originally been hoping both switches could co-exist, but I don't think that would work.

(if anyone is interested, the switch is p/n 83321AJ020)

I don't think you can. they are both 3 position switches (lock, rest, and release), and some poles are connected together in just one position, some in two - some are connected during lock and rest, but not release, etc. I don't know if the connected leads need to be connected or not. If you take apart the stock switch, there is a circuit pattern that moves across the contacts to change what is connected to what... I don't know if you have something that's normally connected at rest, but not connected when locking or releasing, connected while actuating the brake, if it will do something bad like fry the parking brake control module...

it's actually a little more complicated than just a button - there are a number of wires involved that need to be switched. I have the JDM button and trim piece for my center console, along with the connector and pins - I ohmed out the switch and think I have it good to go - just need to build the cable. I had originally been hoping both switches could co-exist, but I don't think that would work.

(if anyone is interested, the switch is p/n 83321AJ020)

What I was referring to was, extending the wiring to anywhere you wanted to and use the same button...you would just need to make its form fit your location. So it isn't more complicated than that.

Archived