LegacyGT.com

Electronic Parking Brake ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure how that would work as the switch is pretty big/deep - I was referring to having the switch below co-exist with the USDM OEM switch

Have two parking brake buttons...:rolleyes:

I will bite, chances are there is an extended harness that meets up with that switch and does exactly what the standard 5th gen switch does. And if not, it still easy enough to extend the harness and then rewire or reconfigure the plug to mate the two into a functioning parking brake/e brake.

Have two parking brake buttons...:rolleyes:
Maybe. The problem is there are 4 terminals involved in the switching. call them pins 1, 2, 3, and 9 - then what my multimeter tells me is when the switch is pulled out, 1 is connected to 2 and 3 When it is in the middle (idle) position, 1 is connected to 3 and 2 is connected to 9

When the switch is pushed in, 2 is connected to 3 and 9

So if I have 2 switches in there, and splice the second switch into the cable going to the first one from the vehicle harness, then you would always have 1 connected to 3 and 2 connected to 9 (because 1 switch would always be in the idle position), but when you pushed one of the switches in or pulled one of the switches out, you would have 1 connected to 2, 3, and 9 – the system wouldn’t know what it’s seeing – maybe that just makes it flip states, but maybe that fries the controller.

Wrt to the hill holder function, mine has a separate button to enable, and iirc that hill holder is operated via the ABS module that nips up the brakes until accelerator and/or clutch is used to move forward.

But in saying that, I have a AUDM/JDM model post face-lift (2013) in auto so things maybe a bit different to your USDM model. My handbrake is on the centre console behind the gear lever.

on moderate inclines I hear the parking brake engage/disengage. Personally I use my left foot to hold the brake as I gently give the car gas with the right foot letting up once I feel it starting to load up when I on bigger inclines.

The reason I like the parking brake on the 6th gen is it is easily reachable with out leaning forward/down to reach it...

Archived