LegacyGT.com

Purchasing a new Legacy, a few questions for the vets.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the leases but I may end up buying the '15. It all depends on the numbers. I am really happy with my '15 and the only thing I wished I had is eyesight.

Leaning towards the purchase of my 15 too. Don t you have the numbers already? Think my buyout is $14K and change. Then tax :mad:.

Have to disagree about the Kia. My neighbor was deciding between a Subaru and Sorento and ended up buying the Sorento. Cost her less money for more features and a considerably longer warranty (which she would be out of had she bought the Subaru but still many, many years left on the Sorento). Great little vehicle that Sorento.

Thanks for the info, Kias just never have been too appealing to me, I really like Subarus especially the Legacy and Outbacks(crosstrek and imprezas are nice too), but that is good to know that other makes/models are at similar price points with similar options.

1) I had the 2.5i but got the 3.6R when my lease was up. The 2.5i got me on average about 300-320 miles per tank while the 3.6R is only netting me 250-280 miles per tank. I mostly drive in the city.

2) I don't know about the black paint situation. My car is white.

3) My interior is black leather with gray

4) This is my second Legacy lease. I like paying lower monthly payments and the option of keeping or getting a new car every 3 years. The only negative side of leasing I see is if you drive more than the miles allowed.

Thanks for your feedback, I am happy to hear that the lining is grey and I am deff. strongly leaning towards the white. I agree I am going to initially lease and then have the option to buy or lease a new Legacy!

I was kidding about the pissing contest comment:p

Congrats on quitting, will definitely keep that headliner cleaner:cool:

Definitely doable, show them that ad I posted if you have to. I'm paying $239 plus tax which is $256 and change. I got my car in March so knowing 2018's are coming out in a couple months definitely affects the deals. I'll look for my lease agreement and PM you the exact numbers.

I know you were kidding i just see a lot of banter on the 2.5i vs the 3.6r on the forum

Thanks, yea it wasn't easy but I am happy to be free from cigs!

Thanks again for sending over your invoice and that ad this will help me greatly in my negotiations, and that is the exact price point i am looking for. It works out well for me that my Grand Cherokee goes back in March should help me in the bargaining.

I liked my 14 Legacy Premium, but I love my 17 Legacy Limited. My 14 was leased (as is my 17) & I almost bought it after the lease was up (wife's idea). Luckily, at the last moment she said maybe I should look at a new car. All during the 14's lease we said the next one would be bought, but I have lease #2. Within a month of having the car I told my wife that I thought I wanted to buy this car when the lease was up.

I find the 2.5i engine adequate. When driving from Rockland Cty to Stowe VT & back, I'm always passing slower cars (mostly in VT). I find you just have to plan the pass a little more carefully & my 2 cars before the Legacy were 6 cyls.

The computer in my 17 regularly shows about 460 miles when I fill up as did my 14. However, I seem to be getting better gas mileage on the 17.

I had carbide gray metallic paint on the 14 because Subaru wouldn't put a black interior in a 14 black Legacy & I didn't want a either a tan or ivory interior. My 17 is black on black & I love it. I didn't have any paint issues with the 14 & so far none with the 17. However, if you want to talk windshields, Subaru has the softest windshield glass I've ever seen. My 14 had chips all over until it finally cracked & was replaced. My 17 got a chip months ago that I really should find out if it can be fixed or I need the windshield replaced.

One thing about leasing is if you wind up not liking the car, you just give it back. I had constant issues with my 14's radio that the dealer couldn't resolve because they were all intermittent. I always said the next owner could deal with it & I guess he/she is.

Thanks for your feedback on the engine(I am almost deff going with the 2.5i unless they give me an amazing discount on the 3.6R) I really do like the black, once i see the three colors I am thinking about(white, black, grey) I will make a decision. I love the black on black but I also like the white on black so I have some thinking to do....

I understand things happen especially with the windshield as I have been seeing on the forum, as long as Subaru takes care of it, I am OK with having 'cheap' glass.

I agree I am almost positive I will lease first especially since it is my first time with Subaru, and if all is well and I am not in love with the new body style(I'm guessing the 19' or 20's) then I will buy out the 17.

Leaning towards the purchase of my 15 too. Don t you have the numbers already? Think my buyout is $14K and change. Then tax :mad:.

Is yours a limited? I have to see the residual price in my contract. I think mine is like 16K.

---

My Black 3.6R with crappy paint, thin windshield, unnecessary 19mm RSB, and boring exterior has been the highest-value, most reliable and stress-free car I've owned in 25 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Black 3.6R with crappy paint, thin windshield, unnecessary 19mm RSB, and boring exterior has been the highest-value, most reliable and stress-free car I've owned in 25 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, I love my black car... Yes, it gets dirty and shows scratches more than other colors but I would be washing/buffing any color car I had regularly anyways so whats the difference?

i leased my white '17 loaded limited, otd price was $30,350. with a few extras my payment is $320. the 2.5 engine is fine with plenty of pick up. great car glad i went this route.

How much money did you put down, does that payment include tax and what is the term of your lease?

You can't just come in and throw a price out there without specifying the details.

Regardless, like many stated, leasing is a way to go with Subaru.

I have the 2017 3.6R and love it. I test drove the 2.5, (only on country roads) but felt it was underpowered, when I wanted to accelerate quickly. On the other hand, the extra MPG would be nice. :)

I suggest you try both on an entrance to the highway. I love the power of the 3.6. Based on my test drive, the 3.6 is also smoother. Either Legacy is a terrific car.

Love the ride, handling, and performance + all the safety features..

You can't beat Subaru's lease.

Mine was:

0 down (don't ever put money down on a lease)

3 years / 15K miles a year

$360 per month + WA State tax = $396

2 years, 24K into my lease, dealer paid me ~$2K to return the car as I got a different car.

I returned my 5th gen lease at 28 months. It was for 36 months. I was at 47k miles. They bought it and put me on the 6th gen. My payment went up 12 dollars from 5th to 6th. I had beat up the 5th gen pretty bad as well.
---

Archived