LegacyGT.com

Not exactly goodbye....

Don't know anything about VW's, but would this work?

https://www.goapr.com/products/stage3_20_tsi_trans.html

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

LOL! Look at this guy - enabling me from a manufacturer that isn't even his bread and butter. I tip my hat to you Jorge ;)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to hear this Jackal, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Enjoy the new ride and I look forward to seeing you around these parts. If I ever make it to WI I will hit you up.

That would be great to finally meet up in person Joe.

Same goes for any of you guys if you don't consider me a complete pariah now that I'm driving a Krautmobile!

Any reason you went with a GLI over a GTI? I am planning on selling my Outback at the end of the year and both of those are on my radar (as well as another Subaru).

Nothing more objective than my own personal preference. I've never been a hatchback guy - I prefer a trunk and the looks of a sedan so for me, the GLI was the way to go.

Congrats on ya new ride, hope it goes well for you, cheers on ya enabling abilites, yours among many other builds on this forum was inspiration on what to do with modifications on mine and also your advice with the many other helpful people on this forum helped mine go from stock to where she is today, hope to still see ya around the fourm eys.

Congrats on ya new ride, hope it goes well for you, cheers on ya enabling abilites, yours among many other builds on this forum was inspiration on what to do with modifications on mine and also your advice with the many other helpful people on this forum helped mine go from stock to where she is today, hope to still see ya around the fourm eys.

Thank you for saying so. While costly and at times frustrating, it was also extremely interesting and fun building that car into what it was. I'm glad to know my build has maybe helped a few other people customize and upgrade their cars into something they enjoy even more.

As for the forum, I'll be sticking around. The VW forum members are an abysmal substitute for the fifth gen family so until I get banned, you guys are stuck with me :lol:

Thank you for saying so. While costly and at times frustrating, it was also extremely interesting and fun building that car into what it was. I'm glad to know my build has maybe helped a few other people customize and upgrade their cars into something they enjoy even more.

As for the forum, I'll be sticking around. The VW forum members are an abysmal substitute for the fifth gen family so until I get banned, you guys are stuck with me :lol:

true that, when does anything ever go 100% to plan......

An update....

I put a stage 1 tune on the car this weekend. As we know, turbocharged cars can usually see some very nice gains from a tune and it tends to be one of the best HP/$ mods available so of course, I pulled the trigger.

In other unrelated news, I will be upgrading my clutch. Self-enabling idiot....:rolleyes:

From what I've read and in speaking with a local VW performance shop, the Southbend Stage 2 clutch kit seems to be very highly recommended so I'm planning to purchase it in the near future. Like by Friday ;)

what is the model of your vw? sorry if it is stated in the forum and i missied it.

Thanks Dave. It's a 2013 GLI Autobahn. I'll be picking it up tomorrow so we'll see how it does.

As per your request, sir...

what is the model of your vw? sorry if it is stated in the forum and i missied it.

It's in this thread. Not that many posts.

In a rather shocking (at least to me) turn of events, I was notified today by friend of mine who is a technician at a local Subaru dealership that my old car was up for sale again :eek:

This is even more puzzling because just last week I was in contact with the new owner regarding front bumper removal as he told me he was considering Anzos. It makes me wonder if he did something undesirable or is experiencing some kind of issue that has him spooked...

In a rather shocking (at least to me) turn of events, I was notified today by friend of mine who is a technician at a local Subaru dealership that my old car was up for sale again :eek:

This is even more puzzling because just last week I was in contact with the new owner regarding front bumper removal as he told me he was considering Anzos. It makes me wonder if he did something undesirable or is experiencing some kind of issue that has him spooked...

Yeah, it was discussed on Facebook briefly, and on here.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/5th-gen-gt-finds-237941.html?p=5560161#post5560161

Archived