LegacyGT.com

Auto or Manual?

ProZachPGA

Looking for my first Scooby...an LGT in fact and don't know whether to get a manual or auto. I'm aware of obvious benefits (control, options, etc.). Is there a definite reason to stay away from something? Typical mechanical issues or performance worries is what I'm after.

Convince me of your choice, if you can.

...and go!

Get a manual, unless you are looking to get a wagon in which case you might want to grab what comes available. Wagons are rare enough let alone finding a manual.

What is your reasoning? I've heard the Autos aren't very reliable, as compared to the manual.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

What is your reasoning? I've heard the Autos aren't very reliable, as compared to the manual.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I wouldn't call the autos unreliable, manual is better for driver engagement and handles bigger power.

Wagons weren't common and find finding a stick shift Wagon you want might have you searching for years or looking across the country. I see stick shift sedans for sale frequently

I wouldn't call the autos unreliable, manual is better for driver engagement and handles bigger power.

Wagons weren't common and find finding a stick shift Wagon you want might have you searching for years or looking across the country. I see stick shift sedans for sale frequently

Great advice...Thanks.

LGT Wagons (BP code) were equipped with 5MT in 2005 only. For 2006 and 2007, they were equipped with 5EAT only. 2008+ only LGT (BL code) sedans were offered, as Subaru dropped the LGT wagon to increase Outback production and sales.

Don't recall the number of 2005 LGTWs with manual, but there were very few of them and several have already left us forever, so the pickings are very slim.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

What happens when something breaks in an auto compared to when something breaks in a manual? And cost of fixing that broken thing. +1 for manual there.

Auto is good if serviced properly and not overworked (also don't have to worry about shifting, can use the shifter hand to eat/drink/shoot/throw things).

:lol: To quote another member on here...

I bought an auto to more uninvolved in my uninvolvedness... or word to that effect.

Some just need an auto. Truth be told there are times when I enjoy it. But to never be able to row gears, and listen to/feel the engagement as the engine plays its symphony, would be a deal (heart) breaker for me.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

You will all be happy to know that I have found myself an 05 LGT Limited with only 75Kmi on it....and it's....a 5MT!

I'll be (hopefully) going to snag it in the next few days. Awaiting approval from my C/U. I'll be posting pictures. Can't wait to hear that boxer sing!!!

You will all be happy to know that I have found myself an 05 LGT Limited with only 75Kmi on it....and it's....a 5MT!

I'll be (hopefully) going to snag it in the next few days. Awaiting approval from my C/U. I'll be posting pictures. Can't wait to hear that boxer sing!!!

Post pics!!!

05 LGT Limited with only 75Kmi on it....and it's....a 5MT!

Awaiting approval from my C/U.

It seem like a bad idea to finance a 12 year old Legacy GT, that will likely have the #YNASB repair expense while you're making car payments.

Oh a 05 LGT you say? Hopefully they suggest to you to buy a newer model Legacy GT or Legacy in general. It may have 78K on the clock but its 12 years old its just not the most ideal choice.

A newer one or an older one can be teh best car you'll even own just make sure to do your homework and don't buy that 05 with a thorough inspection, trust us all:eek::redface:

Archived