LegacyGT.com

well srt4 is not really gone...just the neon

http://www.edmunds.com/insidel...07191

2007 Dodge Caliber SRT-4 Revealed

By: Phil Lienert

Date Posted 10-13-2005

When the Neon is replaced by the Caliber hatchback next year, the Chrysler Group will be filling the void of deliciously cheap performance with the 2007 Dodge Caliber SRT-4.

How can Dodge top what was already one of the most fun compact vehicles to begin with?

When Chrysler Group executives admitted during a Caliber briefing in Detroit last month that the "Neon has not been as good as it could have been," we assumed that they probably weren't talking about the SRT-4 version of that reliable economy car.

Regardless of the Neon SRT-4's somewhat outdated looks and unsatisfactory interior, the car delivered behind the wheel. As good as the Neon SRT-4 was, the Caliber SRT is bound to be even better.

The hood scoop visible in these photos distinguishes this 2007 Caliber SRT mule from its standard kin, and this hot hatchback will be powered by a SRT-tuned version of the 2.4-liter, four-cylinder engine developed with Hyundai and Mitsubishi. The tweaked version of this new global engine will probably place the Caliber SRT's output in the neighborhood of 235 horsepower.

In addition to the Caliber SRT's expected performance capabilities, the vehicle may also incorporate electronic all-wheel drive. As the first such unit to be used on a Chrysler Group car, the Caliber's AWD will feature an electronically controlled front-rear split, in which the system will primarily make use of the front wheels for the sake of fuel economy, sending extra torque to the rear if slippage is sensed.

Expect the 2007 Caliber SRT to appear some six months after the standard version of the car, most likely toward the end of 2006. As Dodge plans on starting the Caliber in the $15,000 range, expect the SRT version of the hatchback to run along the same lines as the Neon SRT-4 in the low $20,000s.

The Caliber, in all its forms, is bound to be much more of a globally oriented car than the Neon ever was, thanks in part to a platform developed with Mitsubishi. Dodge's intentions to place special marketing emphasis on Europe were clear from the Caliber concept's introduction at the 2005 Geneva Motor Show.

Despite the Caliber's cross-cultural leanings, the SRT version of the vehicle proves that Dodge has not forgotten its home market in the creation of this upcoming budget hatchback.

Given the current state of oil prices and the fact that many American consumers are already running scared from SUVs, the 2007 Caliber SRT — with better performance, space, handling, and possibly even fuel economy than the Neon — is already starting to sound like it could be a real winner for the Chrysler Group — perhaps even more so than the upcoming SRT-tuned versions of the Jeep Commander and Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Stock BBS wheels as well and AWD

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/il/features/future/07.dodge.caliber.srt.4/07.dodge.srt4.f34.500.jpg

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/il/features/future/07.dodge.caliber.srt.4/07.dodge.srt4.pro.500.jpg

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/il/features/future/07.dodge.caliber.srt.4/07.dodge.srt4.r34.500.jpg

its an SUC-V. (Sport Utility Compact-Vehicle)

I don't care how fast it is. This isn't a car I would like to see in my garage in the morning.

I swear designers and product planners have their heads up their hindquarters. Since when does the public get what they want when they want something as hideous as that... From the american auto industry that previously brought you the Azz-tek, and the HH-ARRRGGH.

I'm a member of the public, and I sure don't get what I want, and I think at least a few of you guys would think the cars that I want are cool. More sporty sedans, practical coupes, and sleek wagons.

If the SRT-4 is FastAR, why does it have to be so damned ugly? Can't they make a nice car FastAR? oh. I forgot. They don't have nicer cars. Sorry.

But seriously... They make this, but they can't put a T56 6-Speed in a Dodge Charger, and put it on a diet? Or better yet cut a couple of the doors off? They can't do any better than the Crossfire? Ford can't put an independent suspension on their newly designed Mustang? GM can't build a desireable car aside from the barroom-bragging-rights Corvette?

This is pretty damned sad.

Ohhhh but there was really an improvement!!!!!!

Power rear windows!!!

hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

ROFLMAO... Wow... so true... I actually didnt think you could order vehicles without power everything any more... then someone introduced me to the neons... and the scions... :S

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=gunt

"Gunt: Bulging area found on large older women between the waist and the genital area. Not quite a gut, not quite a c**t... The Gunt." ;)

I always thought that was the F.U.P.A. or Fat Upper P***y Area.:D

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

In the End it's still a Chrysler Product probably only good..of course, in stright line incriments. That thing doesn't look like it could take a corner if it had to.. say it with me..

INSANE BODY ROLL!!!

See these Doms (domestics) can't hang for one simple reason..

All their high faloot'in "V's" sit to high in the chassis.. it's the Boxer that makes Suby = t3h w1n!

Silly Doms... they'll never learn.

In the End it's still a Chrysler Product probably only good..of course, in stright line incriments. That thing doesn't look like it could take a corner if it had to.. say it with me..

INSANE BODY ROLL!!!

See these Doms (domestics) can't hang for one simple reason..

All their high faloot'in "V's" sit to high in the chassis.. it's the Boxer that makes Suby = t3h w1n!

Silly Doms... they'll never learn.

Your post makes me tired.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

Bah! Performance-oriented Subarus (WRX, GT, STi etc...) have way more body roll then the competitors in their class. LGT feels like a friggin' Caprice Classic in the corners or when getting on the gas/stopping. The Forester XT feels like a Buick Roadmaster with shot shocks and tired springs!

Ultimate grip is there thanks to the well-designed and long-travel (how much suspension to we have on the LGTs anyway, anybody know?) suspension, but Subarus certainly do like their body roll.

-B

Archived