LegacyGT.com

Do I need to bleed my brakes?

Naitron

Hey guys I would appreciate some advice. I am fairly new to doing maintenance on my car.

2013 Subaru Legacy Limited

I had to replaced the caliper of my front right brake. I clamped the break fluid and swapped in the new caliper. When I pumped the breaks it got very stiff. I called my cousin to come over to help and he told me I got air in it. So we bleed the brakes but only to that one caliper. My concern is I got air in the system because my brakes feel touchy and bouncy now.

Should I have bleed all the calipers? If so I am going to bring it to a shop to have them do it for convenicen.

Thanks!

Yeah mate, as a victim of bad brakes, I always recommend giving your calipers a quick bleed (or a full fluid flush if they haven't been changed in the last couple of years). I'd suggest grabbing one of those "one-man brake bleed" bottle things and doing it yourself, but if you aren't confident, get a shop to do it.

You start at the caliper furthest away from the brake master cylinder (rear caliper). Then you progressively get closer to the master cylinder.

X2 for having a shop do it right...these are your brake after all.

If you have the service manual and know the correct sequence for bleed them and you have a partner you trust. go ahead and do them your self.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived