LegacyGT.com

Does anyone have any Taupe Interior pics? *ugly pic inside*

I'm having an arguement with a fellow Grand Prix driver about the interiors of the GP's. They have an all black/grey one, which looks nice. Then they have this absolutely horrid tan/black combo where it looks like they just blindly mixed and matched panels...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/bluejacket651/IMG_0028.jpg

Now, I wanna show him "taupe done right" in the legacys...anyone have a few good interior pics i can share with him?

Thanks!!

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Legacy GT Pic from my car earlier this summer.

Unfortunately the Grand Prix is typical of many Pre-Lutz cars...their corporate culture didn't allow anyone to put on the brakes when design disaters occur.

Too much buracracy and not enough focus on design.

One more thing... IMO GM builds cheap looking interiors, probably some of the worst in the industry. They show no passion for building cars and instead focus on cost as their main objective. Design is only a factor when they "sculpt" whatever is left to work with when the accountants are done raping the engineers.

LegGT_LTD_INT.jpg.5d61c4412d7c73a3cf9aa3893595d3f8.jpg

Guest *Jedimaster*

I'm personally not a fan of taupe at all, but this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/bluejacket651/IMG_0028.jpg

should get some designer a cockslap!

Have you not head of a black & tan:lol:

They are quite good

I actually have the same car you are refering to.

I get a ton of compliments on it however that are from stuffy architects.

As long as you take showers and keep clean it is not to bad.

And in the hot desert summer it is a nice contrast in comfort to the black leather

:p

I've been thinking of getting the charcoal carpet that comes with the dark interior for my taupe seats. I can get it for less than $200. What's everyones opinion. The tribeca looks good with the taupe interior andcharcoal seats. I'd have to get the aluminum trim pieces as well...the faux wood is getting on my nerves!

The interior, FWD, build quality, and general appearance of most GM cars is why I am not, and have no plans to be a potential buyer.

The exteriors go from bland to bad. FWD is a no go... (some analyst recently said they can't easily retrofit their car manufacturing plants to produce RWD, more than the cadillac CTS/STS/Vette/Trucks. That sucks... although I am not sure why it is so difficult...)

The interiors, though are just atrocious. Poor ergonomics, insane layouts, and glitz in place of decent design. Not to mention the over-size rubberized playskool switchgear.

The only thing I wish would catch on outside of GM would be the HUD displays. Those I can really see as useful.

When an interior looks that bad, who wants to spend any time in that car? Unless you're 'used to it', in which case, I feel bad for you. It is unfortunate that people would get used to poor design.

The new Grand Prix is the worst designed car ever. I used to drive a 98 Grand Prix, now while slightly boring, it was well layed out, and there was plenty of space for everything. The overall build quality of that car was also rock solid, never had any major problems with it. Hell, it is still in the family. This new Grand Prix is such sh$@ it isn't even funny. The whole car is a mess. It all started with the "quad exhaust" when they first came out, where the "dual exhaust" on each side of the exhause really just was a cap over a single exhaust. So only one hole had vapor come out whereas the other was just a covering. That is the type of corner cutting that GM is now employing, and you can see it in everything they make. That interior is just BUTT ugly, its just gaudy to say the least. I do agree with IwannaSportSedan that I wish the HUD technology made it to other cars...I had that on my old Grand Prix and I loved it!

I think the most depressing part of the interior pic above is the fact that the carpet looks worse than some 5 year old Pontiacs I've seen.. the carpet should usually have the same contrast as the interior parts.. but yech.. seriously.. The Toupe is to cream colored for my liking. Also, I think in regards to the asthetics of the color coding..

If you look at the seats, everything at the eye level of the seat surrounding it is grey. Looking at the Legacy, you can see that the door panel color goes all the way to the floor, and most importantly, the center console is toupe as well. This keeps the seats from sticking out like a sore thumb. I can only imagine how hideous the rear seats look in that GP too.. yech!!!

The legacy comes off more seamless and refined, while the GP looks more like someone stole some seats out of a Caddy and stuck them in their grandprix.

The toupe under the dash isn't doing it any favors either... hey lets put lightly color material on the kick surfaces of the dashboard.

Bloody brilliant GM.. another engineering masterpiece...piece of crap..

My buddy just bought a G6 a few weeks back. Man, how I tried to talk him out of that, but he had a boatload of points on his GM card. Hideous freakin car, my LGT sitting next to it looks like a supermodel standing next to Rosie O'Donnell. My parents had a 95 Grand Am, which my wife and I bought off them when the lease was up. Not a bad car, it ran decently enough, but what a piss poor choice of interior plastics, and lots of little stuff broke. Both front window lifts, and the same thing happened on my friends Chevy Corsica, which was basically the same car as the Grand Am, same platform. When I was having them replaced I asked the mech at the dealership why GM didn't redesign the damn window lifts, as they were obviously not up to the task of lifting large pieces of glass. He said why should they, most of them break well after the warranty and they make a butt load of money replacing them. Great attitude. Anyway, when we took that car my dad bought a 2000 Grand Am, what a piece of crap that was styling wise. The batman rear wing was just the beginning, the interior was just a mess. Things have gotten a bit better over there since Bob Lutz came onboard but some of their cars are still styling travesties. I won't even bring up the Pontiac Aztec....

Archived