LegacyGT.com

Passengers...

How do you politely ask people who ride with you to close their doors either by using the exterior door handle or the black trim instead of the glass or paint? This really gets on my nerves and I want to avoid the passenger feeling like they are being repremanded like a child by an anal bastard.

Don't be polite - just scream your head off at them, but do it in a laughing/joking manner.

This gets the message across, without you seeming like an anal-retentive clean-car asshole ( which, brother, we ALL are :lol: ).

;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

LOL :lol: - ahhhh, I see, premptive....

That's a tough one indeed. I have no ideas on this. :(

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Guest *Jedimaster*
I'm not polite unless it's my mother. Anyone else gets the stinkeye and an elbow jab to the ribs. They get no explanation so they just kind of keep their hands in their lap for the rest of the ride. :D

It doesn't take long knowing me to know that you don't touch glass or paint in my car. lol I would like to ask people to take their shoes off too, but I think that is going a little far. ;)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Hmmm.. I am thinking of taking that airbag warning hanger that hangs out of the glovebox and cover it with a door closing instruction sheet... Or I could rig up a signature pad thing when I get the carputer running that requires each passenger to sign the door usage agreement before the door will open and let them out...

Best solution yet. Maybe if I am bored in the next couple of days I'll photoshop a rough draft for everyone to print out and use.

I usually just tell them just before we exit, ' hey when you close the door just use the black plastic under the window, thanks'

My passengers know me well enough that they are a little timid with closing the door. So they take it easy and usually end up closing it a couple times till they get it right.

Iggy

haha. i had a friend who used to always use the glass to close my door...so after a while, i would start rolling down the windows before he got out of the car. (They roll up automatically whne the alarm is activated) He wouldnt have anything to grab, so he started using the door handle. Trained him like a dog.:lol:

Guest *Jedimaster*
Good idea, but then you have people who don't know how to wait 5 seconds and start pulling on the door handles as hard as they can :mad: They earn a ride in the rumble seat (trunk).

Ive been dealing with this issue for some time. What I try and do is open and close the door for them when they are getting in and just ask them to watch their hands on the glass when they get out. I agree its a PITA but once they travel in the GT a few times, they catch on pretty quick.

Ada///M.

Or how about this. Activate the child's lock and open the doors for them.. Of course that means work on your part, but if you're that worried maybe this could be a good solution, no? Hahha.

I've already done that, but it doesn't do much for the passengers in the front seat.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Wow this is my problem too. When the car is dirty I dont care too much, but i usually wash it on a Friday and thats when my friends are in it, so ill just scream I JUST WASHED IT, and I make a point that I worked hard to clean it. Still some dumbasses think that its ok to use the glass, cuz thats not the paint but thats prolly worse.

Archived