LegacyGT.com

going up towards the 3.6r

xelu01

hey guys i have 2016 Subaru legacy 2.5 limited, i wanted to get a 3.6r by trading mine in. I have 30k miles on it. I feel the 2.5i does not accelerate quick but worried about gas mileage. I get close to 500 with my car, would the 3.6r go to maybe 400? Thanks guys, trying to buy it tonight because they have 0 percent apr finance.

The power difference between the 2.5i and 3.6R is pretty noticeable. It really comes down to which you prefer more: power or mileage. My '12 3.6R gets about 360 to the tank, but my commute is short and has a lot of stoplights, so I average 18-19 MPG typically. It's much better on the highway, averaging about 24-28 depending on length of the trip, and with the addition of the CVT to the 6th gen, the average mileage jumped up about 4 MPG compared to the 5th gen, so 400 per tank is not unreasonable.

It is fun to have the power available, and if you're the modding type, the 6-cylinder sounds spectacular with after market exhaust. Really a decision no one can make for you.

Our 2016 Outback 3.6R has 5820 miles, almost 11 months old. But last night pulling out onto a state road going up hill, its was easy to pick up speed so I wouldn't slow the car coming up the hill.

Very glad we got the 3.6 MPG doesn't matter with the low miles we put on it.

But if I was to buy a new Legacy it would be a 3.6R, I drive over 20,000 miles a year in my 05 GT wagon.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived