LegacyGT.com

Tire Inflator?

SWortham

Well I went autocrossing Sunday. I used my little obnoxious air pump until it died.

I saw one other guy with a 5 gallon air tank. I think I'll get one of those. It'd be nice to be able to air up my tires quickly. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Eric and SWortham -

So with those tanks, you just need to fill them, as-needed, with the gas-station air pumps, correct?

:)

Sorry for a stupid question! :p

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Eric and SWortham -

So with those tanks, you just need to fill them, as-needed, with the gas-station air pumps, correct?

:)

Sorry for a stupid question! :p

yup! they are small and light too. Used to just put them in the backseat floor area. Lots of places sell those air tanks... AutoZone, Home Depot, Sears, etc

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

• 3 months later...
I returned the rechargeable air compressor (too loud for my tastes) and got a $6 air foot pump from a local Walmart. Works nicely if you just want to pump a few psi to keep the tires in check. And it doesn't take too much pressure to pump it with your feet or your hands/arms (I used both hands/arms - don't ask why :lol: )

Was a squeeky little monster at first, but nothing a squirt of WD40 didn't fix :p

Ditto. I keep one at each office and the basement. The foot pump is a lot easier to pump up a car tire than the vertical bike pumps that I've used, and a lot faster than those little 12V thingies.

attachment.php?attachmentid=11035&d=1129767863

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Ditto. I keep one at each office and the basement. The foot pump is a lot easier to pump up a car tire than the vertical bike pumps that I've used, and a lot faster than those little 12V thingies.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11035&d=1129767863

so the FOOT pump is easier than the hand pump??...I was thinking the opposite...

about how many "steps" on the foot pump to go up 1 psi?

And those little 12v compressors are hella loud and also take a long time...hate'em...going to Target after work :icon_bigg

In Taiwan now...:spin:

My foot pump takes about 12 steps per PSI on a 225/55/17 tire. Probably about 10 steps for your slightly lower volume tires on the Legacy. It can get tiring (no pun intended) when you get to the 4th tire, but you can switch legs.

With the floor standing hand pump, it was a similar number of strokes, but you use your back and arms more.

My foot pump takes about 12 steps per PSI on a 225/55/17 tire. Probably about 10 steps for your slightly lower volume tires on the Legacy. It can get tiring (no pun intended) when you get to the 4th tire, but you can switch legs.

With the floor standing hand pump, it was a similar number of strokes, but you use your back and arms more.

So I guess it comes down to what you're more comfortable with. I'd still use a bike pump if it wasn't for my chrome valve stems.

By the way, my brother bought a cheap 5 gallon air tank from Harbor Freight but it wouldn't hold full pressure and it leaked when we needed it at the autox event, lol. So I guess I need that Craftsman air tank.

thanks for the info....and yes (I should've known and thought about it before asking :D) ..human legs are way more powerful than arms and back :lol:

In Taiwan now...:spin:

Archived