LegacyGT.com

New Here A few dumb Questions

Hi guys, new here, been paroosing the forums a bit but not posting. So jsut a few questions for anyone who might be able to solve any. I bought a 2006 Subaru Liberty/Legacy Sedan (2.0R) about 6 months ago.

Does anyone else notice a major lack in power from this model, it might just me me but I really need to give it a boot full before any sort of power seems to kick in, almost like its constantly towing someething. Second, the pervious owner decided to put some ugly ass Baja's on it. I don't know what sort of adhesive he used and don't really want to strip the paint, any ideas on how to safely remove it. and finally one probably stupi question, do you reckon its possible or even a good idea to put a gated shifter on a manual subary legacy, A friend of mine has one in his civic and it looks really nice but i am concerned as to whether it wopuld be harmful to the car.

feel free to verbally bash me if anything I just said is a retarded idea.

Here in the USA we done have that model. I'll assume it's a 2.0L non turbo engine.

We all know the 2.5L non turbo cars here in the USA are under powered.

They say WD40 is good at removing adhesives, what's a "ugly ass Baja" ?

I would not bother replacing the shifter. Save you money and buy a car with more HP.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yeah I just googled it: It looks like the 2.0R was N/A and had about as much power as our N/A 2.5. It feels like it's constantly towing something because it's just that slow. My last Subaru was a 2002 Legacy GT with the N/A 2.5L and it was very sluggish.

Maybe you can keep an eye out for a Subaru with a little bit more power.

I don't think it would be very classy to put a gated shifter in the car. It's not really enough of a sports car. I don't just mean yours either. I wouldn't put a gated shifter in my 2.5T either. Just my opinion!

I've been in a 2.0R. Poor sorry gutless thing. It can be tuned for better response and you can pull a little more torque from it but if you're disappointed with it now it's only getting worse with time.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

If it's anything like the 2.5i version of my car I test drove then yeah, it's slow on purpose. Stock 2.5 GT was slow for me too. When I had the chance to jump on a already stage 2 GT I did.

N/A 4 cyl you stuck wishing you got turbo. Turbo you wish you got the 6 cyl after it breaks. Fun times!

Were you making a gated shifter or was there one already on the market?

Archived