LegacyGT.com

Rotor Question

triniexr

All WRX rotors will Fit? But only the STI setup would be an upgrade. The regular WRX brake setup is smaller than our factory brake setup! If you're looking for an upgrade, I would suggest pads/lines first.

However, if you just know you're gonna need more whoa ability, then just skip right over the pads/lines, and jump right into BBK setup like I did! I don't regret it for a minute, best $2k I ever spent!

I know that the Powerslot's for the WRX front setup uses only 25mm thick rotors, which are quite a bit thinner than ours(30mm). Plus the WRX caliper uses smaller pads. As for the rear, the diameter matches up to an STI size, but they do not spec the width, so I do not know if that rear setup will work on our cars?

Why are you looking to upgrade the rears? Have you upgraded your fronts already?

Just remember, larger rotors/calieprs dont relate to shorter stopping distances. Improve your tires first, then pads. If that combo still leads to pad fade, a BBK might be the solution.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

The 06 WRX has 4-pots I heard.. that would be an upgrade over our 2-pots.
No, they are the same 4-pots that people have been putting on the WRX for awhile. The rotor and pad area are smaller as is the caliper itself. The feel of the brakes will be different, but the actual stopping force and ability to dissipate heat would be lessened.

The rear calipers are a possibility though...

Ted

:spin:

Id upgrade the pads first (well.. aside from tires)

Free shipping (incl. Canada) for Bobcat Sets (front $112/rear $85).

Just remember... bigger rotors do NOT equal shorter stopping distances. More pistons (and more clamping force) also does not equal shorter stopping distances.

Larger rotors would dissipate more heat (more surface area), however, there is also more mass involved.

More pistons may provide more clamping power, but more clamping power of the same coefficient of friction (pad material), also doesnt make you stop any shorter. It would provide for better modulation and more even pad pressure to the rotor.

Not knocking BBKs... but just trying to debunk the common misconception that bigger calipers/rotors/brakes make you stop faster. They provide you with consistent brake feel, modulation and resistance to fade. Most of which you dont see on typical street use.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

I had pad deposit issues as well. However, mine came from putting too much heat into the brakes from high speed stops. I needed better heat dissipation, as well as pads with higher MOT temps. Instead of upgrading in stages, I just decided to go top shelf, and picked up STI Brembo's w/Ferodo's, SS lines, and 2pc floating rotors. Not cheap, but boy do they work!

Like everyone else has already commented, to stop shorter, you need more/better rubber. But if you still have the "warped" rotor pulsations after having them cut, then it's not the rotors or the caliper's , but the pads!

Archived