Official: Utah Chat Thread - VOL 2

Hops

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shit....... so I have to upgrade to the V3 AP..... but..... the flex fuel kit just came out for my LGT also from Cobb....... looks like I'm gonna be broke and needing a tune come this spring

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

Just for clarification purposes... I will be needing a tune because I am also installing the ID 1000's and, while I'm there making new fuel lines, because why not I'm messing with the whole thing again.... Chad, I need to chill with ya again and talk parallel vs series for our cars

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate

I understand the broke game lately... Outback is going to be brand new though. Was having synchro issue, and the motor has 148,000 on it now and about 70k of that is tuned and lightly modded. So started to explore all my options, and decided to go JDM found a 2.0 legacy spec b block, and I think I just found the matching tranny! Plus with all the money I’m saving versus just building a stage 2 bottom end from scratch, I can invest more in power!!!

Did the smart thing, held off on the flex fuel for now, I've read a few people here on the forums getting the kit priced out by item due to them not needing specific items due to already upgrading their fuel lines/rail etc. So.... I am waiting for the V3 right now. Btw I may need someone with a functioning computer to store my tunes for a bit

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate

I meant I'm waiting, as in, I'm waiting for it to arrive, so I can send my v2 and get my monies back on the exchange program. Already secured a place to store my maps to swap over too.

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate

Did the smart thing, held off on the flex fuel for now, I've read a few people here on the forums getting the kit priced out by item due to them not needing specific items due to already upgrading their fuel lines/rail etc. So.... I am waiting for the V3 right now. Btw I may need someone with a functioning computer to store my tunes for a bit

Yep, it sounds like you can get just the flex fuel module for $375. I bought a flex fuel sensor for $35 a while back so there's more money you can save. There are definitely cheaper ways to get the ethanol content signal to your ECU. Cobb's solution to add a new fpr and charge a pretty penny for it seems pretty wonky to me as well. With all that said.....yeah, um...I went ahead and ordered the Cobb kit anyway. In the end I decided I just wanted to have Cobb's full kit the way they designed and tested it. They've made the install pretty easy so that should be a breeze but I wanted to make sure I can get support from Cobb if I have issues at any point.

Sure am looking forward to being able to just stop at whatever gas station I feel like and fill up rather than having to plan every trip I make, budgeting every drop, and making the trip down to Orem whenever I run out. I'm sure I'll still run on e85 as much as possible (well it seems like e70 is about the best I've ever been able to get down there) but I'm sure I'll drive my LGT a lot more not having to worry about it if I don't want to.:cool:

Edited by LeGiT_Flat4

Hops I wouldn’t be surprised with your twin scroll and mods list that you’d make in the same range hp/tq on 91 with a proper tune these days. Either way I’m very jealous of the flex fuel upgrade! Have to stick to 91 time for now but on the other hand I’m super excited for 8500 redlines on the new JDM motor! Do any of you guys have experience or I should say opinions on transmission braces? There are several companies that make them some with pretty crazy torque claims... idk considering adding one to a JDM 5 speed, whatcha y’all think?

Similar to this:

https://www.fastwrx.com/products/mach-v-transmission-reinforcement-brace-kit-subaru-5mt

Despain kinda laughed and told me not to waste money when I asked him about the brace. So I guess I’ll skip it. I think I’m just gonna go built 5mt too! With the power potential of that turbo and just wanting a bullet proof setup I just can see putting in a used 5mt even JDM. And so stoked on the 440. The synopsis graphs I’ve seen on it really impressed me with the amount of time it platues out and you can actually enjoy your peak power. Espescially in the 350-380 tq range.

I looked at Blouch turbos for years and even ordered one for my old-old wagon, but didn’t finish that build. Excited to see how your build goes! Let me know which route you go with the transmission. I’d love to bulletproof mine and I love the gearing on the 5MT vs the 6MT.

^ is why I keep my eyes open for a 5th gen GT transmission for a good price (when I can afford it again) its gearing is basically our 5speed with a cruiser gear iirc

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate

I've been thinking of trying out the Blouch 1.5xt-r. I read that it was actually originally designed for the 2.0L but it seems like some people have seen pretty impressive spool time and good power with that turbo on the 2.5L. That 440 looks nice too and the 8500 rpm redline on that JDM motor sounds like a blast.

I hope it doesn't look like this. Legacy GT -R??

https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/5134067?ad_cid=22

There's a lot to like about the 5th gens but the weirdly flared wheel arches and the odd-shaped oversized headlights make it a bit of a pig in my opinion. You can put lipstick on it, but well...you know. I'll say I've seen some done so well that for a minute I start wondering if I'd get one. Safe to say the one listed above is not one of them :rolleyes: Maybe it's just the flaps and the GT R thing but those wheels aren't working for me much either.

Edited by LeGiT_Flat4