LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

:lol: :lol: I’m going to be fine. If you have stuff before whenever it happens, you’ll be fine. Plus I have a project in the works that will make me immune to it.

You say that now :hide:

And unless you're project is to move from behind enemy lines - not sure how immune you can be. Less susceptible maybe... but immune? Cali dont care... :lol:

I kind of wish there was a more constant push for gun laws to be the way the should be. It comes in waves after they push to take them... but then it just dies out until they take more.

05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.

I shoot my AR’s recreationally in PA (30 minute drive) where it’s a very free state. I know in New York when they passed the SAFE act, if you owned an AR prior to the act going in place, you could keep it you just had to register it. After the SAFE act the only AR’s you could buy look handicapped. Who knows what will happen here. Word is a majority of the state senate are NRA members and they’re also the same people holding opposition to legalizing recreational pot.

There’s also been talks this new governor has no intention to legalize pot, he just wanted the votes. So who knows what his actual stance on guns is. I’ve also been saying there’s a reason why a really rich guy moved from heavy liberal Massachusetts to New Jersey, no way someone that wealthy is a democrat here.

I didnt even notice you were in NJ :redface: - but registration is the next step to confiscation. And then when you talk about the whole pot thing, if they find out you smoke, and you have a gun registered (or CCW) then you lose out or can be fined/jailed. So stupid.

Has PA changed? I've shot with someone who grew up there and he seemed really surprised that Colorado's laws were "lax". I only keep up with Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and Las Vegas - places I travel lol.

05' LGT, ZFD Built 5MT, Stage 2 Cryotune 91/E85, 170,000mi running BRotella T6 and Ecoguard S4615 filters.

Pennsylvania to my knowledge all you need is a PA drivers license to buy a gun, and you have to apply for a CCW permit. Other than that there are no restrictions as to what guns you can buy or how you furnish them.

pennsylvania to my knowledge all you need is a pa drivers license to buy a gun, and you have to apply for a ccw permit. Other than that there are no restrictions as to what guns you can buy or how you furnish them.

they need an id?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? That's firearm owner suppression! Its racist!!! The left is obviously targeting minorities

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I didnt even notice you were in NJ :redface: - but registration is the next step to confiscation. And then when you talk about the whole pot thing, if they find out you smoke, and you have a gun registered (or CCW) then you lose out or can be fined/jailed. So stupid.

On a federal level I could see that but at the state level where both firearm ownership and pot use are legal... how can they go after people who have firearms and smoke? I can see them going after people who use firearms while smoking but just because you have access to 2 legal things is no grounds for punishment. I mean you could just as easily drink and shoot guns... which IMO is far worse... even though I drink and shoot guns.

I know in states like Colorado where pot is legal, if you have a federal job and you're subject to a drug test you can't do it because it is federally illegal. My company is based out of Denver and we're subject to a drug test before we got hired, they say they can do random ones, but no one I met there ever has. I'm not sure how my company would enforce that one.

There's a lot up on the air about what's going to happen to guns in New Jersey. Back in 2013 shortly after the sandy hook shooting, state congress wrote up a bill banning all "assault weapons" and their features. It made it through the assembly and senate but Governor Christie vetoed it. That bill has been spreading around the gun community of New Jersey again and the online gun community again, but they will have to re-write the bill anyways because it's expired. A lot of the wording in it is overly redundant with laws already in place. I've bought a few AR's and an AK since then and they already fit the mold of what that bill had in it. The biggest thing we'll probably see changed here is that magazine capacity will go from 15 rounds to 10 rounds.

The only thing I've seen from Murphy on what he wants for gun control is to implement smart gun technology, when it does become a thing FFL's will have 3 years to carry at least 1 smart gun in their stores. He's said he would sign any gun control bill that makes it to his desk though, so I don't really know what will happen.

As far as smart gun technology goes, the company that was developing it is a member of the NRA and they are taking their sweet ass time because the NRA doesn't want it to become a thing from what I understand.

I know in states like Colorado where pot is legal, if you have a federal job and you're subject to a drug test you can't do it because it is federally illegal. My company is based out of Denver and we're subject to a drug test before we got hired, they say they can do random ones, but no one I met there ever has. I'm not sure how my company would enforce that one.

There's a lot up on the air about what's going to happen to guns in New Jersey. Back in 2013 shortly after the sandy hook shooting, state congress wrote up a bill banning all "assault weapons" and their features. It made it through the assembly and senate but Governor Christie vetoed it. That bill has been spreading around the gun community of New Jersey again and the online gun community again, but they will have to re-write the bill anyways because it's expired. A lot of the wording in it is overly redundant with laws already in place. I've bought a few AR's and an AK since then and they already fit the mold of what that bill had in it. The biggest thing we'll probably see changed here is that magazine capacity will go from 15 rounds to 10 rounds.

The only thing I've seen from Murphy on what he wants for gun control is to implement smart gun technology, when it does become a thing FFL's will have 3 years to carry at least 1 smart gun in their stores. He's said he would sign any gun control bill that makes it to his desk though, so I don't really know what will happen.

As far as smart gun technology goes, the company that was developing it is a member of the NRA and they are taking their sweet ass time because the NRA doesn't want it to become a thing from what I understand.

Well considering they changed the 4473s to explicitly say if you use med or rec at a state level, you can not buy guns. And with universal BGCs, theres no legal way around the 4473, smoking, and guns. As a ccw permit holder, i get letters in the mail reminding me.

Thats not to say i dont have friends who have been pulled over and honest about it and let go. But the big thing right now is states vs federal law and when which applies. I know in Vegas you can have a BAC of .10 and still legally carry - so i dont think even the most high of persons should be prohibited from carry. Especially when you think about how a drunk/high person could be considered an easier target.

Theres plenty of smart gun makers in the race - one big one is a young guy out of boulder i believe. i dont blame them, that could be huge money if the law makers get their way. However its been proven time and time again the hackability and possible failure at a time of need makes it a pile of poo. Thats the real hold up. Im not agaisnt it existing, but am agaisnt any law requiring or encouraging it.

that's fine with me, because i'm sure if Smart Gun technology becomes a thing, every state will find some way to enforce it, I bet California makes everyone who owns a handgun get it retrofitted or trade in their old gun for a smart gun.

The only person I think that bill screws over is an FFL. I'm sure it's going to cost them over $1500 to buy one to stock in their store, they're going to have to sell it for over 3 grand to make any profit off it, and since it's not mandatory, no one is going to buy it. Now said FFL has a gun collecting dust in their case because no one wants to buy it, and for the money he spent on keeping one in his inventory could have been spent on multiple glocks or any other gun for that matter that would sell.

The FFL I buy from doesn't really keep any inventory on hand, you call him and tell him what you want, he orders it from his supplier, calls you when he has it in.

Theres plenty of smart gun makers in the race - one big one is a young guy out of boulder i believe. i dont blame them, that could be huge money if the law makers get their way. However its been proven time and time again the hackability and possible failure at a time of need makes it a pile of poo. Thats the real hold up. Im not agaisnt it existing, but am agaisnt any law requiring or encouraging it.

The bigger hold up is the NRA finds these people and pays them off to delay the process.

Not that I ever want it to happen, but a more effective and faster way to implement it would be to redesign magazines for pistols to have a bluetooth transmitter in it that controls the action feed. Bluetooth it to your phone and you have to open the app to use it. 99% of us have smart phones now that use a fingerprint reader to unlock it and to access certain information on the phone. If apple & samsung weren’t so anti gun they probably would have developed that by now. Then again, their fingerprint scanner is hackable too, so why wouldn’t a smart gun be?

Everyone in MA got a letter the other day saying that bump stocks and trigger cranks are now illegal and that if we don't turn them in by March 1st we'll be subject to criminal prosecution. Quite the precedent to set.

Lol they banned bumpstocks officially in NJ 2 weeks ago, when there’s already a law in place that made them illegal in the first place. Not that anyone would actually want a bumpstock unless they want to look cool on youtube.

The fact that they are blaming bumpstocks for what happened in vegas, not the FBI or any governing authority for not noticing that guy bought 300 rifles in a year is a testament to how incompetent our government is.

Or just someone who like to buy guns. I know a few people with dozens of firearms who to my knowledge haven't shot any place up in the decades that they have owned firearms. They didn't buy them all within a years time either. More like 30 years. But still, there are thousand of US citizens with 50+ firearms. It's part of the reason we only account for 5% of the worlds population but 40-50% of the worlds privately owned firearms. Edited by 05GT Guru

The fact that they are blaming bumpstocks for what happened in vegas, not the FBI or any governing authority for not noticing that guy bought 300 rifles in a year is a testament to how incompetent our government is.

that's stupid. you're stupid

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Do you believe in innocent until proven guilty? If so, what about buying that many guns shows he intended to do that? I've seen people buy 10 guns at once... but never commit a crime. People blaming bump stocks shows ignorance.

What number of guns should a person be limited to? Is it only types of guns? What if its under the guise of an FFL? or C&R?

Dont get me wrong, the gov is incompetent, but I cant say buying 300 rifles in a year is much of a red flag aside from maybe getting you on a watch list for a bit.

Straw purchasing check - or arming a personal army?

How exactly do you check for a straw purchase? Thats mostly a feeling as my friends been turned down for a supposed straw purchase because his brother looked at a gun the day before he went to buy it (Brother was considering buying as a gift for other brothers birthday). Also, unless the BGC is ran, what stops them from going to another store or a personal sale?

And theres more reasons to buy guns then just those two...