LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

I have one of those M4-72 brakes. Hate it. Too much back blast and side blast. I can feel the shit on my face when shooting. Took it off. Need to send it back to Brownells for a refund.

My thoughts exactly...I have the same one and took it off

I was running it on an 18" barrel too, I can only imagine how shitty it would be on a pin and weld 14.5" or an SBR.

Also as a side note my Dreadnaught F2 on another rifle is far more effective and doesn't blow dry my face every time I fire the weapon.

Precision Armament makes some good stuff, but the M4-72 sucks. I have an AFAB on the rifle I pulled the M4-72 off of, much better balance of attributes and function.

I was running it on an 18" barrel too, I can only imagine how shitty it would be on a pin and weld 14.5" or an SBR.

Also as a side note my Dreadnaught F2 on another rifle is far more effective and doesn't blow dry my face every time I fire the weapon.

Precision Armament makes some good stuff, but the M4-72 sucks. I have an AFAB on the rifle I pulled the M4-72 off of, much better balance of attributes and function.

Well thats not good. I have one mounted on my 20in barrel ar15 built as a wannabe spr that I haven't shot yet. (Been lagging on getting the lower coated and engraved)

Guess i'll find out how bad it is when I do finally shoot it

Oh I also signed up for my first uspsa club match this weekend. Thought I would try my skills at the pistol game to see how bad I suck. Haha. I'm gonna focus myself more on accuracy not speed and getting the muscle memory built up before pushing speed. As my training instructors said, you can never miss fast enough.

Edited by Knight705

• I Donated
Been really enjoying local R&G club's rifle league. .22, 50ft indoor, 10 shots prone, sitting and standing. The way this one works is you go off a rolling average, and four teams all compete against each other with a handicap. So if the rolling average of one team is 14pts higher than the other team that week, the lower team gets a 14pt head start. Really just makes it so that you're shooting against your own average each week. Shot a 248 the other week and it felt awesome. 95 prone, 87 sitting and 66 standing. Rocking a Ruger 10/22, Ruger BX lighter weight trigger, BSA Sweet 22 scope and CCI standard velocity target ammo.

CF barrel. MMMM. Been itching to try one, but not wanting to drop $900 for a test. Baller for sure.

I got this 20" 308 barrel from Christensen arms, it was around $400. Less than half of what Proof research wanted for theirs.

Was hitting 600 yards no problem first time running the gun.

"Build" Thread <--Link

(OLD) '05 EJ255 now a '13 EJ257 Bottom End w/D25 heads (NEW)

Forever Slow

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got this 20" 308 barrel from Christensen arms, it was around $400. Less than half of what Proof research wanted for theirs.

Was hitting 600 yards no problem first time running the gun.

That is about what my standard barrels go for ($400). For a CF, I have been eyeing the PR. $800-$1000 for a barrel is still a "hang up" for me. Too much coin.

I have the CA carbon fiber 18" on my LR308, fantastic barrel. I also used a OSS Muzzle brake, it doesn't rattle your teeth like other brakes, and does a fairly good job of reducing the muzzle flash as well. The best do it all device I've seen so far.

Waiting out my 10 days to pick up my S&W500. Could not resist owning the "most powerful handgun ion the world" even if it will most likely break my wrist trying to shoot it.

Placed the order for the required parts to assemble a complete upper. Took advantage of the Independence Day sales to exorcise my 2nd Amendment rights.

Waiting out my 10 days to pick up my S&W500. Could not resist owning the "most powerful handgun ion the world" even if it will most likely break my wrist trying to shoot it.

Placed the order for the required parts to assemble a complete upper. Took advantage of the Independence Day sales to exorcise my 2nd Amendment rights.

Part of me wants to fire one of those 1 single time and call it a day.

They're not that bad. Between the muzzle brake and the high weight a .500 S&W is a lot more tame than something like a .454 Casull or .475 Linebaugh in a revolver the size of a Ruger Bisley, or Freedom Arms M83. I've shot both, and the smaller revolvers are considerably more violent.

Talk about service! I sent my Beretta Brigadier slide to WAL (from the Beretta Forum) so he could fit the G conversion kit and remove the right side lever. I tried to get it to work on the Brigadier slide and it just wouldn't. It worked fine on my old 92F slide. So WAL did his magic. He got it on Monday, took care of it and sent it back same day so I got it today! That's fast!

:D:D:D:D:D

I'll try photobucket for now until they block me.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/lexican51/IMG_20170705_155106_zpsiyodxxby.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f37/lexican51/IMG_20170705_155116_zpsdrw6maf8.jpg

Thanks

WAL just did the G conversion kit fit and right side delete. I added a D-spring, Elite hammer, short trigger and extended mag release when I first got it. Josh at AGW shortened and recrowned the barrel and threaded another barrel for me to use with my suppressor.

I never really fired anything Beretta besides beat to hell M9's, I always wondered what the other ones feel like especially the WC ones. I'm pretty sure that suppressor is fun as well, lol one day!

Got my 1911 back, they replaced the plunger tube and put on a different front sight after I told them the gun shoots rather low. Going to take it to shoot tomorrow and see how it is. Forgot how it feels to have night sights again.

I never really fired anything Beretta besides beat to hell M9's, I always wondered what the other ones feel like especially the WC ones. I'm pretty sure that suppressor is fun as well, lol one day!

Got my 1911 back, they replaced the plunger tube and put on a different front sight after I told them the gun shoots rather low. Going to take it to shoot tomorrow and see how it is. Forgot how it feels to have night sights again.

A shop close to me has/had a Wilson Brig Tac with the full trigger job on it. That pistol was/is what an M9 should have been. Trigger was sublime.

• 2 weeks later...
Picked up the 500 yesterday. Have yet to test fire. It is HUGE. For reference here it is next to a 6" barrel S&W 357mag. LOL.

I was going to buy S&w 500 until my friend took me out to fire his....after that I decided nope...