LegacyGT.com

Official Firearm Thread V3

SBT

Pix, this thread needs more pix. Had to do some safe house cleaning today. So, at least the rifles were out of the safes.

Only in America can one simple man own so much fun. Wish one had been gifted to me at birth. But hey, thats a damn good idea and I might just put it to good use.

Oh, theres more in the collection, but the rest are less "tactical" in their appearance. They dont have "furniture". :):):)

20170515_181700.thumb.jpg.cef009e797549e69cbc459db9a2f8796.jpg

Completed the initial paperwork and licensing application for my CCW today. Should hear back in 7-10 days about the personal interview (as long as I qualify). From there it is a long drawn out process (up to 24 months) of proving my "good cause", clearing a back ground check, neighbors interviews, Live Scan, psych eval and more. Estimated cost when complete is $1200+. If I do not qualify my $300 deposit is lost, minimum.

Completed the initial paperwork and licensing application for my CCW today. Should hear back in 7-10 days about the personal interview (as long as I qualify). From there it is a long drawn out process (up to 24 months) of proving my "good cause", clearing a back ground check, neighbors interviews, Live Scan, psych eval and more. Estimated cost when complete is $1200+. If I do not qualify my $300 deposit is lost, minimum.

What's it like being a slave?

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Holy:spin:!!!!!!!!

precrime1.jpg

When's your Minority Report due?

:lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

In CA CCW's are issued by the county sheriff's office, so the level of difficulty varies greatly. In my county I could likely get my CCW in about a 1/4 of the time and for way less.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Has SD County gotten that bad? Or is this for Riverside County?

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Here if you military you skip the whole class and just provide a DD214 and gun qual for a pistol from no later than 10 years. Took like a week for background to clear. Groupon just put the CCW course at like $69 2 days ago at my range and I believe it was $67 to file.

For some reason I dont remember riverside being that expensive nor taking that long. U sure u got the stats right?

Even oc county doesnt take that long nor cost that much

In VA you pretty much just need a pulse and $70ish.

and 45 days to prove you shouldn't have it. I used concealed carry. net or something like that but then DCJS class happened shortly after that.

DCJS was a breeze compared to OPOTA here. If it didn't cost more than the jobs it cover I would have done it a long time ago.

Edited by Merc6

Here in AZ we just go by the Constitution (AZ and US)... no permit required, open or concealed. You can take a class and get a permit, which opens up reciprocity in other states if you like, but it's not required.

For some reason I dont remember riverside being that expensive nor taking that long. U sure u got the stats right?

Even oc county doesnt take that long nor cost that much

Yes. They are "backed up" and "inundated" with license requests. LOL. Website says some 1300 CCW permits currently active in the entire county. Something like 3000 active license requests. One - two officer(s) to handle all the interviews. New fees as licensee must cover all costs associated with the license out of pocket. Total cost depends on several factors and could be as little as $800, but average is around $1200.

In San Diego I was told to not even bother applying.

It is cheaper and easier to get a drivers license. Driving is a privilege, not a right. While the 2nd amendment protects my right to own a gun, Peruta vs San Diego County says concealed carry is not a right.

Here if you military you skip the whole class and just provide a DD214 and gun qual for a pistol from no later than 10 years. Took like a week for background to clear. Groupon just put the CCW course at like $69 2 days ago at my range and I believe it was $67 to file.

Yeah Ohio is good about giving credit for experience. If I ever quit my job I could just take my most recent qual paperwork and apply for a permit with no issues.

Yeah Ohio is good about giving credit for experience. If I ever quit my job I could just take my most recent qual paperwork and apply for a permit with no issues.

Preciosity seems to be even better and better every time I check. I knew folks who kept multiple non resident permits to try and cover other states but I don't see a need for that today. I'm no longer stationed on JB MDL so I could care less of NJ rules anymore.

All the members living in "free states" rubbing it in. What I get for living in Commiefornia.

LOL If it helps, Cali looks better in brochures than Ohio does.