LegacyGT.com

VIP Luxury Interior AKA Maybach Interior

Over the past year and a half my car's interior has just absolutely gone to crap. So, for about three months I've been scouring the internet for "VIP Luxury" interior modifications. So far, I've had quite a great time putting together shopping carts full of mods. But, I've run into a couple snags along the way... I need to change out the carpet, seat cover's, and I'm trying to figure out how to make the backseat very similar to that of the Maybach, with the extended center console and separated backseat.

I'm having a really hard time with the center console thing obviously, but that can wait for the next 10 years until I've got thousands in disposable income. But the carpet does need to be changed out, because the past 7 years have not been kind to it. The seat covers are proving to be extremely hard to find, because clazzio has the style I want, but they don't make any that can fit our cars. I was thinking of just getting a racing seat for the driver's seat, with a five point harness, because the motor in my seat is broken anyways, and then putting luxury seat covers on the cushions of all the rest of the seats in the car.

Has anybody changed the seat covers of our cars, successfully? And what company did you go through? I know of someone who was able to change his but he had to special order and jump through hoops just to get it. Same goes for the carpeting of our cars. I'd also like to run some ducting through the center console into the back seat of the car for my son. For some reason the A/C just doesn't cool down or warm up the back of the car. Any ideas for that, too?

Thanks in advance!

The only VIP 5th gen I can recall is a SEMA car from 2009. Lots of pictures, but not much as far as how they did it.

http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-gallery/2010-subaru-legacy-25gt-vip-concept

http://www.speedhunters.com/2009/11/car_spotlight_gt_gt_2010_subaru_legacy_quot_vip_quot/

As for the AC to the rear seats, this thread has been discussing it for a little while. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/rear-ac-install-254514.html

You've seen me post in the group on Facebook many many times. Clazzio DOES make about 25 different style of seat covers for our cars. I know because I have a set. Also a racing seat with a five point harness doesn't say VIP or luxury...it says race car which our 2.5 is faaaaar from

Also a racing seat with a five point harness doesn't say VIP or luxury...it says race car which our 2.5 is faaaaar from

A million times this. ^^

5 point harness is extremely inconvenient in a daily driver. And if you've got kids in the back seat, there's really not a good/safe way to mount the harness. Harness bar? More like tooth chipper...

toothchipper.jpg

Forgive me for not being the best at searches, but I am not able to call up any Clazzio seat covers for a 2012 Subaru Legacy. On Clazzio's own site, even their download currently mentions no Subarus at all. On one 3rd party supplier's site - who panders mostly to trucks - they mention covers for an Outback, which may be the same, but they do not say so. I would appreciate a link to leather Clazzio seat covers for 5th gen Legacies, please.

Best.

Byll

Just email japanparts. That's what I had to do. Clazzio had them listed all over the yahoo Japan auctions but I emailed japanparts with style and color and about 2 months later had my covers. Only issue I have to figure out is JDM backseat doesn't 60/40 split, it has a pass through to the trunk so rear cover is designed to work w that, not the split seats

You're asking a lot of questions that people have already answered for you, plus no one that I can think of other than the SEMA Legacy has done "Full VIP" to their Legacy. Not to the extent of what you're thinking about. Get your issues that you're currently having fixed and figure out the second car situation for your family before you start taking more things apart. It will save you a lot of stress in the long run. Plus, expecting to get parts easily and not have to go through hoops to get them is not going to happen. Aftermarket parts for these cars are pricey. There's no easy way around that.

You're asking a lot of questions that people have already answered for you, plus no one that I can think of other than the SEMA Legacy has done "Full VIP" to their Legacy. Not to the extent of what you're thinking about. Get your issues that you're currently having fixed and figure out the second car situation for your family before you start taking more things apart. It will save you a lot of stress in the long run. Plus, expecting to get parts easily and not have to go through hoops to get them is not going to happen. Aftermarket parts for these cars are pricey. There's no easy way around that.

Needed that reality check. I've been off in "lala land" the past week, and the forums got me into it pretty bad. I love these cars, and at this point I need to start thinking clearly and actually get a grip on the reality of not being able to afford the things I want. But there's a huge difference between want and need. These aren't things I need, but things I want. Thank you!

Pipe dreams....believe me...we all have them. Slow steady progress with a clear path (and that path will waver) is your best bet. Don't put modding your car ahead of the well being and financial stability of your family. It's a car, and a dime-a-dozen one at that, nothing special. And all your hard work and effort can be rusted out from underneath you or shattered in a moment of someone's dumb texting episode while behind the wheel.

^Wise, wise words. Would I like a Raptor Supercharger kit for my 3.6R? Sure would. Would I like to import the full Gialla Corsa body kit for my car? In a heartbeat. Am I willing to part with the likely $10,000+ total to accomplish both of those? Not a damn chance haha.

Just do bit by bit what you can. Feel free to plan and dream till your heart's content, but don't mod yourself out of house and home.

Hell no, not on seats hahaha. I'll go to a pick and pull to test my theory before I even think about spending that much per seat. I'll spend good money on quality seats that are a necessity. But without a second daily, there's no point in tearing the car apart to test a theory on some expensive seats.

Archived