LegacyGT.com

07 Explorer

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And went back to the stock wheels today :( Went from getting 15-17mpg without too much effort to struggling to get 14.5 with lots of highway driving. They also really killed the power, to the point of when I was towing a 3000lbs trailer I was stuggling to get to speed timely.

39246863724_a748150601_b.jpg

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Needs moar gear...

Yes but i have a hard time throwing $1500 at some 3.73's on a truck I'm not overly in love with right now. :lol:

For the hell of it I looked up used 3.73 Front and Rear Diffs, they are $360 for each front and rear. So $720 in parts then dropping the front and rear diffs... all for about 3mph change at 2000rpm.:spin:

2003 Baja 5MT

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Welp was rear-ended today on the way home in some traffic on the highway. Could have been a lot worse had he not swerved to the right.... all 3 of our cars have now been hit by no fault of our own in the last 12 months :(

43975073442_901cc98788_b.jpg

IMG_20180813_173910 by christobal65, on Flickr

43975072882_07dd4c2af3_b.jpg

IMG_20180813_173918 by christobal65, on Flickr

Here is what hit me...

29086094367_0f106aca22_b.jpg

IMG_20180813_174054 by christobal65, on Flickr

2003 Baja 5MT

that sucks... :(

You've had some really shitty luck lately.

Getting hit sucks but depending on how you look at it, its good or bad the way it happened.

The Miata was repaired when I might have preferred it to have been totaled.

The Outback we had 'Fixed' for cheap and then used the money to have Stek Dynosheild installed on the front end. This we were happy about.

Explorer likely will be fixed and I kinda wish it was going to be totaled to force me to buy something else.

2003 Baja 5MT

I'm not sure really. I've been sort of thinking about selling it before this happened but couldn't figure out what I wanted to replace it with. If it is totaled I should get $10k or so.

2003 Baja 5MT

Update: took yesterday off to deal with some of the stuff related to getting hit. I took the Explorer in to the body shop and picked up a rental car thanks to the other guy's insurance. There is a possibility it might be totaled because of the damage to the taillight pocket. The rear hatch also is damaged beyond repair, and obviously the rear bumper is too. I think it also destroyed at least one of the rear backup sensors.

If it is fixed I asked about having the gold trim all resprayed body color.

2003 Baja 5MT

F150 Platinum...

I posted in the M.net thread, but I'll repeat it... luxury sedan you can tow with, so the Miata can stay a fun/HPDE car.

I had an '05 F150 for a while, Eddie Bauer trim... it was a really nice car. Mine was the 5.4 and I wasn't towing at the time, but I really liked it, especially as a road tripper. Terrible mileage though... the Ecoboost should improve on that. Only thing I didn't like was the tiny bed with the crew cab. It barely fit the RC stuff I was hauling around at the time.

Yeah the thing is I don't really have a need for the capabilities of a truck. I rarely if ever used the Explorer for what I bought it for. I like the idea of a truck but getting one basically is overkill. Also it won't fit in the garage with the Miata in front, so one of them would have to sit outside again. On the plus side the 3.5 EcoBoost or the 5.0 should give me an improvement in mpg over the Exploder lol.

2003 Baja 5MT

Archived