LegacyGT.com

Whats the fastest 16g lgt/obxt ?

You can get an Evo-sized "big" 16g for an 02-07 WRX / 04-16 STi that would outflow your BNR unit for sure.

A) the bnr 16g is the evo3 so thats not an upgrade.

B) even if that was a slight upgrade it wouldnt be worth getting a new intercooler, bov, piping....

C) if i were going to swap the turbo it would be for. A 20g or something considerably bigger not just a diff housing w same compressor wheel.

D) im headed to the track in a few days not going to order a new turbo and install/tune before then.

E) i dont need tuning advice or parts recomondations, i am going to run this thing with the parts i have because thats what i have.

Please if your response is not (insert name) has a 16g and ran (insert time) keep it to yourself , the purpose of this thread is to determine the fastest 16g lgt or obxt.

I have a 16g and i plan to run it for a while i just want to see how my run stacks up to other 16g lgt's to gauge myself as a tuner and for bragging rites. If its not the fastest come friday oh well atleast ill know and there is always meth lol

Not many people on this forum go to the track i imagine! NASIOC would have more track goers if anything, but that's a different car. I doubt you will get many responses here.... from my experience this is where subaru owners come after having kids or getting married :lol:. The wrx is just a better performance platform overall, so those guys tend to be the ones at the track.... the legacy crowd doesn't compare at all to the wrx crowd! Your best bet would be to try searching the site for old threads and also making a post on NASIOC, the drivetrains are similar.

the fact that you're tuning your own car puts you way past most people on this site!! Would be awesome to share some of that knowledge! I plan to tackle tuning as well after I get my car back on the road!

Its deff nice being able to do my own tunning !

It allows me to swap parts without needing to drop $600 for a retune.

The wrx is deff a better platform performance wise they have more parts available sti swap options and they weigh much less. I originally wanted a forester xt because of the ability to swap suspension to oem wrx and because the 04-05 do 0-60 in 5.2 stock. I opted for the obx because it had the 2.5 turbo and had a bigger hatch, Plus i picked it up for 4k w 90k miles on it but its been a long journey

A) the bnr 16g is the evo3 so thats not an upgrade.

B) even if that was a slight upgrade it wouldnt be worth getting a new intercooler, bov, piping....

C) if i were going to swap the turbo it would be for. A 20g or something considerably bigger not just a diff housing w same compressor wheel.

D) im headed to the track in a few days not going to order a new turbo and install/tune before then.

E) i dont need tuning advice or parts recomondations, i am going to run this thing with the parts i have because thats what i have.

Please if your response is not (insert name) has a 16g and ran (insert time) keep it to yourself , the purpose of this thread is to determine the fastest 16g lgt or obxt.

I have a 16g and i plan to run it for a while i just want to see how my run stacks up to other 16g lgt's to gauge myself as a tuner and for bragging rites. If its not the fastest come friday oh well atleast ill know and there is always meth lol

Thanks for breaking everything down with the letters for me.

A) If you think a BNR 16g = an REAL 16g, then you don't know Jack.

B) Sorry, I stopped reading after A)

Good luck at the track and good luck in your quest for 11's 12's. I put my 2.0 WRX into the 12's with about 250WHP, so you should really be able to get there with over 300WHP. It takes literally zero skill to drive an auto, so that is definitely working in your favor.

Post up those slips when you go!

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

well the header was a nightmare fitment wise, up pie was clocked wrong, and it hit the oil pan/cooler. was a few inches away from bolting up. stay away from speedy racer parts !

i spent 2 days porting tweaking and welding this thing up +ceramic coating and wrap, and then it didnt fit at all !

add said 2.0 wrx would need sti oil pan, and up pipe may need modification

so i guess i dont get 30 more hp before track day :-(

Haha 5eat wolnt launch thats funny !

Ive been doing 0-60 in 4.6-4.7 for a while now !

Launches at 20psi in 2nd hear and hits 19mph instantly !

Id call that a decent launch to say the least.

Not saying its good for the trans. But ive launched it that way 50 times over the last 30k mile

Chirp squat gone !

I'm subscribed and interested in seeing the timeslips :) When are you hitting the track?

well it was a big let down 13.8@111

swapped out a leaky up pipe gasket right before heading up, it appeared to be leak free but wouldn't hit max boost of 22.5 only got 20-21.2

will check the obxt out tomorrow and see if maybe a hose popped off, should have just stayed my ass home lol

does launching in 2nd gear really work?? Thats the first i've heard with such little hp, does it even make sense? I'm not trolling just curious about these automatics. You can get boost in first gear, don't know how long the tranny would last, but for low hp launches missing 1st gear might hurt more than help. But like i said i don't know anything about the 5eat.

2.5 launching in 1st 2.2 was my best starting in 2nd.

Starting in 2nd gave me better 60ft and 1/8th mile as well as trap speed but starting in 1st had the better 1/4 time

So i take that as start in 2nd for a short street race but if your going to pass the 80mph mark start in first

Are you brake boosting this thing in 2nd to full boost for your launch o_O

I feel for your center diff bearings. You might want to look into upgrading those ASAP. Blew my center diff just screwing around launching from stoplights, without brake boosting and only stage 2 torque.

well it was a big let down 13.8@111

swapped out a leaky up pipe gasket right before heading up, it appeared to be leak free but wouldn't hit max boost of 22.5 only got 20-21.2

will check the obxt out tomorrow and see if maybe a hose popped off, should have just stayed my ass home lol

I'd say that's still a damn nice run for a 5EAT :) Your expectations were just a little high. Enjoy what you have, a super fast automatic; better suited for rolling starts, which makes for a fine daily driver

Archived