LegacyGT.com

Overheating (Again) 07 LGT

Missed your other posts about overheating. Is your radiator new? If it's the original one, check your radiator for hot spots with a laser thermometer. Cold spots may mean you have blockages.

I just changed coolant making sure I have the additive plus correct (distilled) water ratio, burped system as well. It's a lot slower to warm up now although the normal temp reading is the same at halfway like most subarus do. The cooling system is very sensitive to small changes.

Same old rad. Had heads/gaskets/valves done 6000 miles ago. Car warms up fairly quick, but I only idle for about 30 sec - 1 min at most then drive.

Re: the tmic and overheating. Obv is part of the cooling system. Just for example, normally sits at about half for the engine temp, driving home it will be 95 degrees outside , when i get to the top of the mountain and start dropping down the temp outside gets to 65, the temp gauge will drop below half/below normal. So why wouldn't the heat effect it the other way?

Re: the tmic and overheating. Obv is part of the cooling system. Just for example, normally sits at about half for the engine temp, driving home it will be 95 degrees outside , when i get to the top of the mountain and start dropping down the temp outside gets to 65, the temp gauge will drop below half/below normal. So why wouldn't the heat effect it the other way?

But, why is that because of the colder air flowing through the TMIC? Why isn't that because of the colder air flowing through the radiator?

Don't discount the coolant temp sensor bit.

No sensor will last forever.

Had a CRX that was always running rich. Ended up being the temp sensor never triggered the ECU the car was warm. After replaced the car ran fantastic.

Although not a direct analogy it's worth a dig to see if that is a contributing factor. One issue is getting to it. You'll have to tear out a few items to pull and replace it.

Archived