LegacyGT.com

Has anyone here done a full review of all of the TMIC's? particularly all of the ones that look like the exact same design?

-AVO

-Perrin

-Torque Solution

-Etc.

I realize the grimmspeed and process west top mounts are "better", but whats the difference between all of the other "cheaper" solutions? what makes the Perrin almost twice the price of the torque solution?

Good question I wish I could help you answer.

I have a CNT TMIC getting installed this week, it's an AVO/Perrin knock-off. I believe it may even be made in the same factory. Main difference is probably in the finish. The CNT is raw metal and in some places not polished that well. A Perrin has a nice powdercoat finish.

Not sure if there are other differences.

Avo and Perrin were the first to designed it 10+ years ago. Every other name is a "copy". Don't understand why perrin tmic still retails at those price when you can get a far better unit for a little bit more (Brand new of course).

Even my old perrin didn't fit well and was a battle at every removal/reinstall.

GS. It fits the first time and has lots of research in its development.

I took off my IPR on my wagon and installed a GS, after I put a GS on my Spec B.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Avo and Perrin were the first to designed it 10+ years ago. Every other name is a "copy". Don't understand why perrin tmic still retails at those price when you can get a far better unit for a little bit more (Brand new of course).

Even my old perrin didn't fit well and was a battle at every removal/reinstall.

Because Perrin.

I'll probably end up getting a CNT myself, since I have no qualms about ovaling out mounting holes and am too much of a cheap bastard for grimspeed goodies. For Grimmspeed TMIC (which is absolutely a glorious part), I'd probably do something silly like go air/water instead because bored engineer.

I tried three different tmic on my Obxt.

Torque solutions, hated it. Fit like crap, seemed to heat soak really bad.

Avo, fittment ok. Bpv seal may be tricky.

Grimmspeed fits better than stock. Easier to deal with than the flange type tmic. Zero complaints.

Note it's not just a fit issue. Some of these copies have really horrible cores and are fabricated poorly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Because Perrin.

I'll probably end up getting a CNT myself, since I have no qualms about ovaling out mounting holes and am too much of a cheap bastard for grimspeed goodies. For Grimmspeed TMIC (which is absolutely a glorious part), I'd probably do something silly like go air/water instead because bored engineer.

I have the ipr now but dread working on the obxt anytime i have to remove it. Was planning on doing a fmic with a huge grimmspeed universal i have laying around from my mk3 supra, which would have required removing the bumper completely and building an off road bumper/push bar around it. But the above got me thinking why not water to air. I dont beat on it for long periods and id love to be able to throw ice in it at the track. So im goina end up selling my fmic and my ipr and going liquid ! Thanks for the inspiration. Im thinking ill use one of the 90 deg cores and put it right where the tmic would go that way my custom scoop isnt a total waste lol

I have the ipr now but dread working on the obxt anytime i have to remove it. Was planning on doing a fmic with a huge grimmspeed universal i have laying around from my mk3 supra, which would have required removing the bumper completely and building an off road bumper/push bar around it. But the above got me thinking why not water to air. I dont beat on it for long periods and id love to be able to throw ice in it at the track. So im goina end up selling my fmic and my ipr and going liquid ! Thanks for the inspiration. Im thinking ill use one of the 90 deg cores and put it right where the tmic would go that way my custom scoop isnt a total waste lol

Awesome dude!

It really does give you all sorts of additional flexibility when setting up the system. Little need to worry about charge piping as it can be even shorter than stock, and it's super easy to just run some small rubber coolant hoses to wherever you need to.

Plus heatsoak is mainly tied to the coolant reservoir capacity.

Quality between the Perrin and knockoffs.

As for the grimmspeeds, they also include a splitter which is a big help compared to others without. If you are interested in perrin or grimmspeed shoot us a PM more than glad to help you out on pricing.

-Brian

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

GS. It fits the first time and has lots of research in its development.

I took off my IPR on my wagon and installed a GS, after I put a GS on my Spec B.

Max's got two! lol :cool:

Contact us for all your tuning and performance parts needs! Etuning the legacy community since 2008!

Follow us on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived