LegacyGT.com

drop in air filters?

Hey everyone, New member to the board with a 2013 Legacy limited. I love the car so far and wanted to add a reusable drop in filter since I have a warranty and figure Subaru would not like me changing things along with the mpg lol.

My question is what does everyone recommend for a drop in filter replacement?

Save yourself money by using a standard replacement paper filter. Spend the savings on beer/other beverages.

At $15 a filter or more how do you save money by not getting a $40 aem filter? Which will last the vehicles lifetime.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies everyone. Im sorry I didn't search before I asked but after I saw the response I did search and nothing came up. It sounds like AEM or apexi but AEM seems to have a bigger following/vote lol. Im a bit curious as to the people making mention of voiding warranty's and what not. I have a great warranty and would hate to void it in anyway even if I wanted to add go fast parts on it but right now I need gas mileage before I need 0-60 from red light to red light lol.

Im a bit curious as to the people making mention of voiding warranty's and what not.

Its just us trying to figure out what you meant in your first post by this...

I love the car so far and wanted to add a reusable drop in filter since I have a warranty...

It's a dry flow air filter, so warranty should not have any issue with it. From my readings on this board, the only warranty issues arise with oiled filters like K&N.

Warranty issues can arise out of any kind of after market filter. It's just that the burden of proof is on the dealer to show that the aftermarket part contributed to the failure (see Magnuson–Moss Act) which may be harder with a stock-like dry flow filter.

Archived