LegacyGT.com

Race x tmic or grimmspeed intake

So i have a stage 2 dp, cobb tune, perrin recirculating valve, nameless exhaust.

What of those two would you do first?

I'm in nc and my intake temps with grimmspeed was 148°f in stop and go traffic. No heat shield. Outside temps of 90°f.

I know both need a custom tune but which one would be the best for heat reduction and less negative effect workout a tune?

I plan on doing a bigger turbo, injectors, fuel pump and a custom tune soon.

I feel like the fmic will be my best next step. Advice from the experts. Thank you as always awesome forum and members.

Ta

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Maybe I'll trade my gs intake for a cobb. I don't want to do a custom tune til i get ask my stage 3 parts.

Gs said the cobb stage 2 week be work temporally.

I like gs quality though but the look and function of cobb seems better in the intake. My gs intake pipe and heat shield were really hot to the touch today.

I know i won't get the full benefit of my fmic without a protune but i want to confirm it won't hurt me without one too, is that correct?

Just realized you already have the GS intake. Keep it and get an FMIC in addition. The GS unit is better than the Cobb unit. Stop-and-go traffic will bring your intake temps up no matter the intake (for the most part)..., and honestly it's not that big a deal.

And yes, you should be fine upgrading an IC without retuning, with respect to doing any damage.

stop trying to cut corners, to get tHe real gain from any parts combo you NEED A CUSTOM TUNE. running a parts combination untuned will just be a waste. its your money, it will be your short block!

save money now pay later, or spend money now correctly.

I'm in nc and my intake temps with grimmspeed was 148°f in stop and go traffic. No heat shield. Outside temps of 90°f.

I would do a turbo blanket and/or heat shield, first. And a blanket or wrap for the DP.

Manage heat first, then upgrade the TMIC. Then finish it off with a custom tune and enjoy!

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

stop trying to cut corners, to get tHe real gain from any parts combo you NEED A CUSTOM TUNE. running a parts combination untuned will just be a waste. its your money, it will be your short block!

save money now pay later, or spend money now correctly.

YOu're right though, I'm just bringing impatient. I'll acquire all my parts and just install and tune all in one shot. It's just having new parts sitting around is like waiting for Christmas to use them. In the end is going to save me money by doing it right with patience.

I would do a turbo blanket and/or heat shield, first. And a blanket or wrap for the DP.

Manage heat first, then upgrade the TMIC. Then finish it off with a custom tune and enjoy!

I think that's a great idea. I'm going to get a turbo and DP blanket/wrap.

I'm going to upgrade my radiator to an aluminum one and new hoses, that doesn't require a tune. I don't have my heat shield bracket so I'll just go with a fmic.

The gs intake, turbo (I'll ask my tuner), injectors, ebcs and fuel pump will be the parts I'll collect. Shift fast is the local shop and JRtune is their tuner but it's only here every 4-6 weeks. Then I'll install them all at once and do a custom tune.

Does that sound like a good plan?

Sounds good to me man!

Rather than waiting around, if you want awesome customer service like, right now, contact Mike @ TuningAlliance. They can set you up with an E-tune in a matter of minutes via email. Then you go drive around a bit, send the log files back, and they dial in the tune through a series of revisions. It's a great way to tune for your location, conditions, and driving style. In my opinion, better than just strapping it to a dyno at a shop. Cheaper, too.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

tuning alliance wont steer you wrong, a nice safe starting map, and then they can refine overtime, and account for your changes. havnt used them personaly yet, however in the works to get some street time in for comparison to my current dyno only tune.

Archived