LegacyGT.com

CNT TMIC????? (not the PW style)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I may have blown my intercooler and am considering this for a reliability mod. People still generally happy with this low cost option?

FWIW, I'm much happier with both GS tmic's then when I had the IPR tmic. The GS are so much easier to remove and reinstall, it's well worth the extra dollars.

If you've ever had to line up the TB hose you'll understand.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 3 weeks later...

About to drop some money on either this CNT TMIC w/TB coupler/turbo-IC gasket, or the Fast Motorsports TMIC in this link:

http://www.importimageracing.com/fast-motorsports-top-mount-intercooler-for-2005-2009-subaru-legacy-gt.html

I've heard the supplied splitter is a bit of a bear to get fitted, but being a trade metal fabricator, I think I have a shot...

But the difference comes down to less than $10 between the 2 setups, any suggestions on either? I'd love the grimmspeed TMIC, but that's just not in my price range at the moment, also have the potential of getting a screaming deal on an FP 71HTA turbo made to fit an '07 STi, would the FM TMIC allow the HTA71 to fit without much issue?

Thanks-a-million!

About to drop some money on either this CNT TMIC w/TB coupler/turbo-IC gasket, or the Fast Motorsports TMIC in this link:

http://www.importimageracing.com/fast-motorsports-top-mount-intercooler-for-2005-2009-subaru-legacy-gt.html

I've heard the supplied splitter is a bit of a bear to get fitted, but being a trade metal fabricator, I think I have a shot...

But the difference comes down to less than $10 between the 2 setups, any suggestions on either? I'd love the grimmspeed TMIC, but that's just not in my price range at the moment, also have the potential of getting a screaming deal on an FP 71HTA turbo made to fit an '07 STi, would the FM TMIC allow the HTA71 to fit without much issue?

Thanks-a-million!

That one in the link, looks like it should be easy to install like a GS.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived