LegacyGT.com

Damaged my intake manifold

Hi guys,

Spent quite a bit of time on this forum but haven't really posted as I'm based in the uk and normally use uklegacy.

Anyways I was trying to replace the pcv valve yesterday and managed to break a plastic nipple at the back of the manifold the hose which was connected to it goes to the dv.

Car starts and drives but is idling really rough due to the leak, is it safe to drive like this? Is there a way of fixing this without having to buy a new manifold.

Thanks

Thanks for the idea. Hopefully that'll work

Bit of a bad photo but should hopefully explain what i've broken

Is the gold metal valve to its left the PCV valve?

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y372/amer1981/20160605_1723473.jpg

Do you still have the broken piece? It's possible you could just solvent weld it back to where it broke, then cover it in something like JB-Weld after the fact to help reinforce it... solvent welding is the way to go, though. It will have pretty much 95%+ strength as it did originally.

can anyone advise whether that is the PCV valve. It looks identical to the part i have received but from what i've read the pcv valve is in a plastic housing

PCV valve is the metal one next to the broken one. Has a floating centre that opens and closes based on pressure/vac

USDM ones are set up differently I believe.

2000 Legacy B4 RSK - SOLD

2006 Legacy BP5 GT Spec B wagon - Garage Thread

2011 VW T5 van 2.0L of turbo diesel awesomeness

Archived