LegacyGT.com

Seatbelt chime

Did a search, didn't find this issue.

My seatbelt chime is randomly going off even when both passengers are buckled in :spin:

Any ideas on this that dont involve an expensive sensor? I vaguely remember reading about a way to disable the chime through a process of licking and unlocking the door.

yeah the only time searching the forum directly is useful is if you know its a recent discussion; or you want the latest threads discussing that topic, since search results sorts by most recent post date. try the stickys first though... the post you were looking for was under the cheap/free mods post.

if its something generic or common, google is the best way to search any forum, e.g. "site:legacygt.com seat belt chime" or just "seat belt chime subaru forum". I find that throwing in the keyword "forum" usually brings the best results and not just marketing/garbage results.

For future searchers: turn key to "on" position with out starting engine. Fully latch and unlatch (button clicky) 20x simultaneously. Has to be the full 20; no more, no less. Turn key to "off" and enjoy chimeless illegal/dangerous driving! Lmmfao

*may take a time or two.. however if you do it right then try again you will RE-enable it.

I did that to the point of breaking the electronics in the seat belt clicker. My next step was permanently delete the chime. Years later when I go to reprogram these cool flip keys I have no chime to confirm I did it right or not.

Has anyone ever decided to wear their seatbelt due to the constant reminder from the vehicle? I can't think of anyone who has done so. They merely buckle the seatbelt to stop the chime. Meanwhile those of us who put a gallon of milk on the passenger seat get annoyed to death by the nanny or disable the chime altogether (where possible).

I am aware of that. My comment wasn't directly related to your original question. Merely a comment on vehicle manufacturers insistence to have the chime ring endlessly if the occupant doesn't fasten their seatbelt.

Merc6 you do the flip keys?:)

Yes, Have alarm so not pressed to get it working right away.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k280/merc6/LGT/6AF541D5-8728-4CCC-94E8-D400AE8E65EB_zpsw4bgiobn.jpg~original

Has anyone ever decided to wear their seatbelt due to the constant reminder from the vehicle? I can't think of anyone who has done so. They merely buckle the seatbelt to stop the chime. Meanwhile those of us who put a gallon of milk on the passenger seat get annoyed to death by the nanny or disable the chime altogether (where possible).

Both the white pieces that close the contacts broke in the belt clickers and the entire passenger seat was not compatible for my car at all. Passenger seat situation rectified, Drivers still doesn't work and light stays on if belt is on or not.

Archived