LegacyGT.com

Car Stolen

PNWSubie

Hey guys, keep an eye out for my 05 lgt. It was stolen out of my driveway yesterday morning. License plate APT8045. Black with tint, smoked tail lights, debadged, exhaust, cf/mesh grill. Also had cobb accessport and v1 radar detector in there so be careful if you see those come up on CL. Thanks!

So what actually happend after some investigation was that someone broke into my roommate's car and for some reason I must have accidentally left my backpack with my work badge and keys in there (met up after work for a brew and just forgot I had put my backpack in the back seat). So who ever broke into his car got a nice little present of hitting the beeper on the keys and seeing it unlocked the LGT sitting right next to them. Super crappy luck all around, they must have rolled it out of the drive way because I know I would have woken up if I heard the exhaust fire up. At this point, a week later it is still missing and I'm sure insurance is going to screw me on the value since it had short block rebuild +turbo from outback auto, ACT clutch, cobb springs/sways, exhaust.

That's a tough lesson. Make it a habit to ALWAYS take backpacks, purses, etc out of your car at night. You could have saved yourself a lot of heartache and expense.

totally true. I always try to keep my car really clean inside, with nothing left on the front or rear seats. Easier said than done though.

totally true. I always try to keep my car really clean inside, with nothing left on the front or rear seats. Easier said than done though.

Yeah I always kept my LGT clean... Even though you can't see in with the tint. Just super random that I was in my roomates car and tossed my backpack in the back after work that just happend to have my keys in it. So it just never crossed my mind that he doesnt have tint and totally forgot about it. Just a perfect storm of very shitty luck

• 2 weeks later...
Well they found it two weeks later abandoned in renton. Police are a joke and don't want to investigate anything. I'm now having to deal with insurance, getting In Front auto to do a full inspection to see what all ( if any) these punks destroyed mechanicaly and hopefully USAA will fix it. How bad do you think this would effect the price/value of the car? I'll probably be selling within a couple months to make way for my truck and insurance says I can't file a diminished value claim!

Be happy they found it and it wasn't stripped... 2 weeks in some areas and u would have a car on cinder blocks, no engine, no doors, no anything.

Seems like drunk/bored/high teenagers, best kind of car thieves, they just leave it after it runs out of gas!

If it was just a joy ride then hopefully they didn't damage much. I'd be happy that they found the car... doesn't happen much in my neck of the woods. Pro thieves take them to chop shop or park them on low key spot with their other stolen cars to get stripped or wait to get chopped.

Archived