LegacyGT.com

A3 to get 250hp V6 and Quattro

Why do people keep complaining about audi maintenence? Audi maintenence is FREE for the duration of the warranty. We have a modded (Neuspeed 1.5 bar Chip, Neuspeed STS, Snub Mount, Custom Carbon Fiber Intake, Turboback Exhaust, AWE (Spec) Stage IV Race Clutch, Autometers, 2 15" Kicker L7 Solobarics, JL Amp, Sirius Sattelite, iForged Seneka 19x8.5s, HKS SSQBOV, Painted Lowers, Painted Taillights, Cleared Corners, etc etc) 2003 A4 1.8T, and there has been not a single problem with the dealer doing all our maintenence for free, fixing any problem we had including those with the mods WITH warranty (free), they even retapped the boost gauge and mounted it in the pod also securing the pod, regreased and put on brand new bushings to make the Neuspeed STS more fluid, replaced the aftermarket bulbs, and replaced a destroyed tranny mount that was the direct result of the Spec clutch. Meanwhile with my Subaru I had to pay 120 for my 7500 maintenence in which they decided it was a smart move to charge me 25 for "fuel injector cleaner" and not to rotate my tires like supposed to...

PS A3 with DSG is a whole lot of fun to drive, I would highly recommend it to anyone who is remotely enthused with that spectrum of vehicle, I actually didn't mind the lack of power because it felt perfect with the DSG and sport suspension

Great first post! Way to read and refute evidence with your amazing skills, to contribute to this forum, and to act like you just graduated from the 8th grade .There was this kid who went to my high school that recieved the character award for saying things like that... Several months ago he got arrested for soliciting sex from a 14 year old online, I hope your future turns out better than his.

PS Welcome to the forum, go to new member introductions!

Nice. You joined in Nov 2004, me in Feb. That's awesome.

Just put the big stick down and beat the n00bs with the medium-sized one.;):)

Edit- sorry to jack the thread. The big-engined A3 should be a hoot to drive.

Great first post! Way to read and refute evidence with your amazing skills, to contribute to this forum, and to act like you just graduated from the 8th grade .There was this kid who went to my high school that recieved the character award for saying things like that... Several months ago he got arrested for soliciting sex from a 14 year old online, I hope your future turns out better than his.

PS Welcome to the forum, go to new member introductions!

Thanks jackass!!

I don't need to refute the evidence here in this post. Why should I do your homework for you? I've already done it for myself.

But since you can't seem to be bothered to investigate anything as evidenced by the highly educated question: "Why do people keep complaining about audi maintenence?" I will point you in the right direction. Try not to get lost, k?

Place your grubby little fingers upon the Commodore 64 your parents bought you for Festivus and point your wittle bwoser to google and put in "Audi Reliability". Then go to edmunds.com and look around there. Then go to consumer reports. Then usenet, and so on.

Then do the same thing for subaru.

If your insipid little brain can handle the information, let us all know.

PS Welcome to your ass kicking and in the future try to distance yourself form the logical fallacy that somehow post count = intelligence. You're walking proof it does not.

Two thoughts:

- Audi maintenance off warranty can be expensive.

-Audi repairs off warranty can be very expensive.

Check my sig to figure out how I know. :cool:

Why do people keep complaining about audi maintenence? Audi maintenence is FREE for the duration of the warranty. We have a modded (Neuspeed 1.5 bar Chip, Neuspeed STS, Snub Mount, Custom Carbon Fiber Intake, Turboback Exhaust, AWE (Spec) Stage IV Race Clutch, Autometers, 2 15" Kicker L7 Solobarics, JL Amp, Sirius Sattelite, iForged Seneka 19x8.5s, HKS SSQBOV, Painted Lowers, Painted Taillights, Cleared Corners, etc etc) 2003 A4 1.8T, and there has been not a single problem with the dealer doing all our maintenence for free, fixing any problem we had including those with the mods WITH warranty (free), they even retapped the boost gauge and mounted it in the pod also securing the pod, regreased and put on brand new bushings to make the Neuspeed STS more fluid, replaced the aftermarket bulbs, and replaced a destroyed tranny mount that was the direct result of the Spec clutch. Meanwhile with my Subaru I had to pay 120 for my 7500 maintenence in which they decided it was a smart move to charge me 25 for "fuel injector cleaner" and not to rotate my tires like supposed to...

PS A3 with DSG is a whole lot of fun to drive, I would highly recommend it to anyone who is remotely enthused with that spectrum of vehicle, I actually didn't mind the lack of power because it felt perfect with the DSG and sport suspension

Two thoughts:

- Audi maintenance off warranty can be expensive.

-Audi repairs off warranty can be very expensive.

Check my sig to figure out how I know. :cool:

Thank you for providing an actual argument. I know Audi reliability isn't the best ESPECIALLY with the old bi-turbo S4's (I had the oppurtunity to get one but I passed it for the LGT because of that very reason) But not everyone buys a car to keep it forever. We tend to hang onto ours until the warranty gets it then we kick it usually, or we lease. Either way people are saying ohh its an audi so it must suck in terms of maintenence. I'm not denying the obvious, however I am stating specifically that while the car is under warranty it will cost you less than a Legacy in terms of maintenence (Oil changes are 0, scheduled maintenence 0, tire rotations 0,). I wouldn't say Audi's quality is declining as time goes on. But on this forum there is plenty of Audi bashing and little to no respect for a brand of automobile that in my personal experience and opinion has given me less problems than all the Mercedes we have been through, especially now that they cut off the maintenence plan. As I say to each their own, but apparently opinions can be wrong and its okay to flame people for that... :rolleyes:

[quote name='iclimb513']Thanks jackass!! I don't need to refute the evidence here in this post. Why should I do your homework for you? I've already done it for myself. But since you can't seem to be bothered to investigate anything as evidenced by the highly educated question: "Why do people keep complaining about audi maintenence?" I will point you in the right direction. Try not to get lost, k? Place your grubby little fingers upon the Commodore 64 your parents bought you for Festivus and point your wittle bwoser to google and put in "Audi Reliability". Then go to edmunds.com and look around there. Then go to consumer reports. Then usenet, and so on. Then do the same thing for subaru. If your insipid little brain can handle the information, let us all know. PS Welcome to your ass kicking and in the future try to distance yourself form the logical fallacy that somehow post count = intelligence. You're walking proof it does not.[/QUOTE] Do you hear that? wait wait listen carefully... Thats the sound of me not caring... Lets go back to Intoduction to Social Sciences. In an argument between two people he who insults the other first loses. Look at my post, I commented on how you were acting, I didn't use a single profanity in my case or throw an insult, I wished you well and even told you to introduce yourself. You however start off with a sarcastic remark, get a a sarcastic response, then proceed to insult me and my heritage based on what? This conversation is over. PS- Does anyone know about the moddability of the new 2.0 FSI system?

Actually, I don't want to give the impression that my S4 is a lemon. It's not. But it has had more issues than I would have preferred. It's been significantly more reliable than those owned by many mavens on Audiworld, but less so than others.

Credit needs to be given where deserved: my local Audi dealership took care of every problem that cropped up during warranty without any hassle.

I am making the switch to a Subaru in part because of the possibility of future problems with the Audi, but also because I drove my brother's new LGT Ltd wagon, and liked it. :)

Thank you for providing an actual argument. I know Audi reliability isn't the best ESPECIALLY with the old bi-turbo S4's (I had the oppurtunity to get one but I passed it for the LGT because of that very reason) But not everyone buys a car to keep it forever. We tend to hang onto ours until the warranty gets it then we kick it usually, or we lease. Either way people are saying ohh its an audi so it must suck in terms of maintenence. I'm not denying the obvious, however I am stating specifically that while the car is under warranty it will cost you less than a Legacy in terms of maintenence (Oil changes are 0, scheduled maintenence 0, tire rotations 0,). I wouldn't say Audi's quality is declining as time goes on. But on this forum there is plenty of Audi bashing and little to no respect for a brand of automobile that in my personal experience and opinion has given me less problems than all the Mercedes we have been through, especially now that they cut off the maintenence plan. As I say to each their own, but apparently opinions can be wrong and its okay to flame people for that... :rolleyes:

Archived