LegacyGT.com

The BBPeik Swannee Engine swap

I have looked at the process west verticooler setup and it does look promising. I like the way they are thinking. Could be a good way to go. They are not cheap though.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have an email into process west to see about their setup. Typical. My car is finished less than 24 hours and I am already working on more mods.

Giving you the benefit of the doubt here, a built motor isn't finished when you're using the stock intercooler and leaving power on the table. So you've currently reached a "milestone", it will be finished when an aftermarket intercooler goes on the car, TMIC or FMIC...... hint hint.

Cobb has a new product for the STI, They say it won't fit a fourth generation, but i wonder if it'll fit a fifth generation.

http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/cooling/subaru-front-mount-intercooler-kit-sti-2008-2014

It would not be a direct fit since our turbo is in a different location and our intake manifolds are different. With that many differences it seems like it would be more cost effective to buy an intercooler and fab all your own piping.

Archived